Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol no more babies today so far but I did find the nest. It is in the middle of a massive lemon grass bush., I am not sure how she even gets in there it is so thick. There are 2 eggs still in there but she seems not to be going back to it but I will check at dusk.

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yah grats fancy :)

3. TheChookPatch

TheChookPatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    I practically wrote a novel in return to your question Benshens, but it disappeared. Basically long story short. I sell from $10-$40 depending on quality and age. My eggs sit on a 4 to 5 using the official chart and a 5 - 6 if using an Internet chart. I would comfortably say mine average at 4. But for example, out of 5 dozen eggs from different breeders only 1 egg could have been a 5 the rest were 2 - 4. Most were 3. So chicks hatched from 5-6 on my opinion would be worth more to serious breeders. Especially if you can see the sister's eggs to get an idea of what colour egg gene the boys are carrying. Different breeders will look for different things to improve their stains but like ash said you can't give them away atm. I have 50 + boys with nowhere to go except into peoples bellies. At least we don't have to buy meat though and we know they have had a happy life and haven't been pumped with hormones. Ha ha, I wrote a novel anyway :)

1 person likes this.
  4. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

MERRY CHRISTMAS SAM!!!!
    Great chicks and pictures
    [​IMG]!!!

That's great[​IMG]!!! Congrats.

5. cluckcluckluke

Well I have just joined the 5th annual BYC New Years Day 2014 Hatch-a-long. Even though my chickies should hatch one the 2nd.lol.

6. TheChookPatch

TheChookPatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    I'd candle them sooner rather than later, you might be able to pop them in the bator. I've had a few chicks hatch from that scenario and a few that were just too cold to survive. I have a mama who has been hiding out too. I'm not sure how far along she is. I found her, (Isabel) under my house with a trillion eggs underneath her. I doubt they will all hatch so I may have to take some out so she at least has some chicks in the end. Otherwise I might have to go buy some (oh no) as I haven't had the bator going for chickens for about a month. I'm going to set again tonight :)

7. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

So will this be your new leghorns hatching?

8. cluckcluckluke

9. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

How exciting! So are these from show stock ?

10. cluckcluckluke

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by