Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Uh oh. The only thing that's kept me safe from adding new chickens to my little suburban flock has been the fact that all of you are far away. It's lovely to look and dream, but too far away for me to do more than that. Now I find that someone is within driving distance....:D :/

I feel your pain lol. We have a light Sussex breeder nearby and we got our faverolles in Sydney so quite drivable. . Sooooo tempting lol

I even spent the morning trying to work out the maximum hens I'm allowed in suburbia and trying to convince myself that it not being mentioned means unlimited lol.

My original plan was to wait till next spring then hatch some but da mn waiting is hard!! Lol

Last edited:
Hi there,

I just joined BYC ( here is my intro thread). I have no chickens or even land yet, but am looking forward to the day when I do. In the meantime, I am learning as much as I can in order to be prepared. Nice to see there are so many people I can discuss Australia-specific things with.
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

welcome to the family

Fancy Love the photos. .. ... .... I have to get out and take more

Satay .. ... I adore my SamSam as long as he doesnt help dig up the garden or help take clothes off the line or help "collect" the eggs (secretly steals them and eats them)

he is great protector and friend to the boys.

Apps Your in the Shoalhaven ? area.... I have family in the Bendalong area

Last edited:
I have a broody! Booker has been sitting for I think three days now and gets really angry if I go into the coop :-D I have some eggs of hers that I'm not sure are fertile that I can put under her, or I could give her the ones in the incubator which are on day ten. What do you think?

I've officially decided to keep the marans rooster. Couldn't get a good picture of him but this is my new man of the house, T-Rex :)

he and my little yoko pullet are best buddies it seems already. He's still pretty little and not quite asserting himself yet but is already crowing a tiny beautiful little honk. I hope he grows big and strong and protective like giraffe was. T-Rex has some big shoes to fill.

I have a broody! Booker has been sitting for I think three days now and gets really angry if I go into the coop :-D I have some eggs of hers that I'm not sure are fertile that I can put under her, or I could give her the ones in the incubator which are on day ten. What do you think?

I've officially decided to keep the marans rooster. Couldn't get a good picture of him but this is my new man of the house, T-Rex
smile.png

he and my little yoko pullet are best buddies it seems already. He's still pretty little and not quite asserting himself yet but is already crowing a tiny beautiful little honk. I hope he grows big and strong and protective like giraffe was. T-Rex has some big shoes to fill.

YAY Good one Pinky That's great. I would put the ones that might be fertile under her.... leave the ones in the bator. when they dry out after hatch you could sneak them under her and put the eggs in the newly vacated bator.

Has Booker hatched her own before?

Welcome Zeno and kimbo.
263a.png
. Talk about temptation ! A guy just offered me some hatching speckled Sussex , I can't resist.
barnie.gif
. Looks like I'll be scrolling the gumtree ads looking for another neglected cubby house.

LOL how about free pallets thats what i made my girls from ?

Still under construction but you can see pallets I used 5 and its on brick so its off the ground

kids friend gave me the left over roofing tin from one of his jobs :)

Back
Top Bottom