Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Near the duck pens looking up towards the house

and finally the gully. It was a raging torrent of water during the floods but has been bone dry for agers now.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to enjoy my Chickens. I think I resent them in some way, all but Booker that is. They're just replacements for giraffe
sad.png
I find myself thinking no, you're not allowed to (scratch, sit, fat etc) there/that, that's giraffe's. And with Booker in the nest so i rarely see her, I look out into the yard and see all these strangers. They just don't feel like mine. Three of them don't even have names, and I name everything. It seems my young Yokohama is a male (the saga trying to get a hen continues) but I'm not even upset. I just think good, don't have to keep her/him
sad.png

I would get out of Chickens all together but I can't get rid of Booker and she needs companions, and a rooster to protect her, and my partner has his heart set on the marans so I guess the strangers are here to stay
sad.png

Sorry to unload on you guys like this :-\
Awwww hun, chin up x

Oh pinky, I think you just need some one on one time with the new guys. Make yourself a cuppa , put some treats in your pocket and go outside and sit with your chooks. They all have little personalities, your just not looking. :hugs

I'm struggling to enjoy my Chickens. I think I resent them in some way, all but Booker that is. They're just replacements for giraffe :( I find myself thinking no, you're not allowed to (scratch, sit, fat etc) there/that, that's giraffe's. And with Booker in the nest so i rarely see her, I look out into the yard and see all these strangers. They just don't feel like mine. Three of them don't even have names, and I name everything. It seems my young Yokohama is a male (the saga trying to get a hen continues) but I'm not even upset. I just think good, don't have to keep her/him :(
I would get out of Chickens all together but I can't get rid of Booker and she needs companions, and a rooster to protect her, and my partner has his heart set on the marans so I guess the strangers are here to stay :(
Sorry to unload on you guys like this :-\

I still have days like that Pinky when i loose a special one. or times when i have had dogs get in and kill my chickens.. It does get easier. To cheer you up my two hens from you bill and ben.. Samuel the nephew named them have started laying nice huge eggs, Now i have to find a handome fella for them.

Last edited:
Just to show there really are lovely people in the world still they guy i got one lot off pekins of that aussie post smashed half of is sending me a replacement dozen. I told him it was not necessary as it was not his fault but he insisted on sending more. Maybe there is hope i will get some pekins after all. Only have 2 eggs left now in the bator and one is looking iffy. They were both from the wet alfoil ones not the other way round as i first though.,

Last edited:
I sitll have days like that Pinky when i loose a special one. or times when i have had dogs get in and kill my chickens.. It does get easier. To cheer you up my two hens from you bill and ben.. Samuel the nephew named them have started laying nice huge eggs, Now i have to find a handome fella for them.

oh satay, that does help :) I have just the fella too if you don't mind waiting for him to grow up. This is the one I would keep if I could. He's gonna be big I reckon.

Now to have that cuppa

Back
Top Bottom