Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

The mum in me is screaming don't stand so close to the edge!! Lol But you need the person to really understand how big they are. Wow!

These are really good! Second one is my favourite. I just spent $150 on a variable nd filter only to discover my lens has a little bend in it (don't remember dropping it) so it won't screw onto the lens. So very jealous you get to play with one :) as mine just makes me want to scream in frustration.

hahaha yeah, thats my sister standing there.

Thanks. Also I meant I have and NDx8 not 4 lol.

Um..well even if your variable ND did fit I would highly doubt you'd be impressed by it. I was going to go down this road but have been told that they are a complete waste of money. They only really have a 'sweet' spot in the middle and at each end on the spectrum the image can come out with a blur, diff colours or lines through it. You are better off getting multiple screw ins OR you can get a special attachment which has slots in it that you clip to your lens and it you have square shaped ND plastic that you just slot in. That way you can use multiple squares (which are cheap) and mix and match.
I decided to go with just one screw in because I was unsure if I wanted to go down that road or not.
Back to the variable ND filters, I have heard that you can get some pretty good ones but they are like $400+ and with that money you could get yourself another lens
smile.png

Does anyone know a good way to get rid of those varmits? We have mice and rat trouble also. Feed is in garage in a metal bin, we put rat & mice poison in the garage. Back at the coop, when I pin up the girls at night, I see the mice and rats scurry about to their tunnels. I have filled their tunnels with wood, gravel, they just dig more. We put a weasel trap back there & one of our hens got her neck in it
sad.png
. Good news is that DH was home that day, went back to the coop to make sure they had water, and he got her out. She made it and is fine now. We put "have a heart" traps out and caught 2 feral cats and 2 chickens
hmm.png
. We have 70+ chickens and about 10 of them get out before I open the coop door to let them free range.
Argh...the rats! I'm in the city, across the road from the "river" (more a polluted stormwater drain really) and the combination of that and chickens has brought in an infestation. I'm scared to poison them in case the girls have a peck or the cat has a chew, but since we've had the deck built in February, it's gotten even worse. I think they've even eaten through all the wiring for the deck lighting :(
I'm going to try one of those pedal feeders in the hope that there's less food lying around, but I feel like it's a battle lost. Bought some traps, but they didn't catch a thing!

Yep she has a pea comb. I've bred some straight comb olive eggers from my cream legbar roo but it will be a few months yet to see what they produce

Argh...the rats! I'm in the city, across the road from the "river" (more a polluted stormwater drain really) and the combination of that and chickens has brought in an infestation. I'm scared to poison them in case the girls have a peck or the cat has a chew, but since we've had the deck built in February, it's gotten even worse. I think they've even eaten through all the wiring for the deck lighting :(
I'm going to try one of those pedal feeders in the hope that there's less food lying around, but I feel like it's a battle lost. Bought some traps, but they didn't catch a thing!

We had problems with them also. I bought a 'station' from bunnings that allows me to put out the poison in a container that has holes in each side and a 'tunnel' to the poison. The container locks and the poison goes on a peg so the us NO way the girls or the dog can get to it. It had really helped! Haven't seen a rat or mouse around in the past 6months or so

Great idea! I will search the net and see if they have anything around Ohio like that. Thanks!

Also want to point out the talented photographers.
love.gif
Those pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom