Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

ChristieB great job on the coop and your kitties are adorable!

appps congrats on the upgrade from Vegemite
wink.png

I mentioned last night “it is Mothers’ Day tomorrow” got the standard “you are not my mother” response from hubby and a slightly audible grunt from son
hmm.png

It doesn’t worry me, I am not really into Mothers Day and only mentioned it because I knew what the reaction would be.

I do remember as a kid watching television commercials “buy Mum a dishwasher for Mothers’ Day” and wondering just how I was going to do that on pocket money!

Anyways, Happy Mothers' Day to all the mums......

Oh Teila men are so,often like that aren't they, hope you do the same for Father's Day at least once to give him a taste of his own medicine.

I would spend the whole day asking for your jobs to be done for you because it's Mother's Day so can't expect you to do them. That's my favourite Mother's Day present :).

Last edited:
Oh Teila men are so,often like that aren't they, hope you do the same for Father's Day at least once to give him a taste of his own medicine.

I would spend the whole day asking for your jobs to be done for you because it's Mother's Day so can't expect you to do them. That's my favourite Mother's Day present :).

Tee hee appps

When I have finished the washing and vacuuming and got back from the grocery shopping I will try that
wink.png

I can't complain .. while I am doing the above, hubby is out in the garden with his computer (working) and keeping an eye on the gals while they free range.

Happy chickens is also a good Mothers' Day present
big_smile.png

Hubbys building me a chook tractor!
1f60a.png
and then the electricity was out so he had to cook outside in the bbq pancake for breaky so awesome... Happy Mother's Day everyone
263a.png

Injuries! My goodness these chicks are in the wars! The one who I thought had broken it's leg is back to normal. Last week I had one with a broken beak who was bleeding out her ears...she is all good but her beak is still a little crooked. Then another one turned up with a big chunk missing from her wing! It got washed thoroughly and bandaged with honey. She ripped the bandage off later so I left it and she too is looking better.

My adult flock escaped today...3 hens and a rooster raced up to the favourite chook area...which is where my babiea are.(hen #4 has babies down in the coop) Talk about nerve wrecking supervising it all! Luckily the weather is utterly miserable and the big chooks were haappy to head back to their yard within the hour. My poor babies were happy to see them go! No injuries but the little ones did get chased and pecked a couple times.

Their heat lamp is still on at night...just to keep things cosy...and they put themselves to bed tonight which is awesome!

Oh my gosh! It's been soooo long since I've been on here.... over 200 pages behind!I've got a bit of catching up to do :) I just had a hatch a week or so ago, they are super cute! I hope everyone had a lovely mothers day :

The girls and I are having an absolutely wonderful day in the sunshine. Apologies for being pic heavy but just sharing ............. LuLu: KiKi (turns 8 weeks on Monday) Dusty (with feathers!) Blondie ("who put that there?!") They are loving the sunshine (no rain) as much as I am: Morning Tea! Crystal (also turns 8 weeks on Monday) LuLu (Is it just me or is there something beautiful about a chicken surrounded by greenery) Blondie: Sleeping in the sun .. I love how she fans out her feathers to get full benefit: More sunbaking:
The girls look like the are loving the sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom