Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

There ya go Teila .,.,.,. even crows know 'dominant' when they hear it !!!
lau.gif

I really thought they may have made a decision to go elsewhere after the boxing ring incident with Dusty. But no - Pesky and determined, are the ravens. !!

Cheers - - -

Hey Anniebee

Sadly, they did not move on. While they have not been game to touch ground since the Dustmesiter went feral all over his butt, that has not stopped them sitting in the trees, raising a ruckus
sad.png

the dustmeister.
lau.gif

It's funny how there are some things that are just instinctively creepy. My new little ladies go all creeped out when they hear that caw caw caw

Welcome Fizzybelle ..... you will have a great time here - I have learned heaps since being devoted to this thread.

Love you beautiful chickens. .... all so pretty.

Thank you :) I love the fluffy silkie in your avatar.

I gave my little Agnes a haircut the other day. She can keep up with her friends better when she can see. Behold, I call this look the 'Bart Simpson'.

Wow .. where to even start! OK, at what I think is the beginning …. Saturday evening Blondie decided that she was going to be broody; yep, good plan, apparently 5 days without a broody is sufficient for me
wink.png

Saturday night she spent sleeping on the timber panel which has blocked off the nest box.

Sunday morning, however, she was showing no interest in the nest boxes whatsoever and spent Sunday in the garden with her flock mates.

This morning, she was out having breakfast and spent the majority of the day in the run. By the afternoon though, she had plonked her blowfish impersonating self on an egg and was not budging. So I booted her out and blocked off the nest boxes. For the past three hours she has tried to pancake on the nest box cover.

KiKi who I think is semi broody, cos apparently one is not enough and I need another one, was parked on the roost and every time Blondie tried to pancake, KiKi dropped down, beat her up and chased her out. Then back up onto the roost for a repeat performance when Blondie came back, wings out, blowfishing and tooking up a storm.

Closer to bed time, Crystal, who uses the nest box cover as a launch pad onto the roost could not go to bed because Blondie was on the cover and when she eventually managed to get up to the roost, a semi-broody KiKi beat her up and pushed her off.

While all this was going on, Dusty kept rushing in to try and break up the squabbles as this is what she does in her role as rooster!

So, basically, I have Blondie strutting around doing her ‘I wanna be a mumma’ impersonations; KiKi strutting around doing her ‘Not on my watch Sunshine’ performance and Dusty strutting around doing her ‘If you two do not pack it in, I am going to knock your chicken heads together … Do Not make me have to split you two up!’
roll.png

Poor ole bottom of the pecking order Crystal and moulting LuLu are walking around bug eyed and tippy toed trying hard to keep out of everyone’s way and Cilla is being typical Cilla ‘Squabbles? What squabbles? No squabbles in my bubble’
lau.gif

Are you sure it's not a typical evening at Melrose Place? Talk about a soap opera....

I have left the door open on my little chickens' run so they can look around the bigger run/yard. I went out there to put them inside for the night and found 2 CROWS at the door of/perhaps inside their run. I've been cursed.

Tee hee potato chip now you mention it, it is a bit like a soap opera.

You know the standard soap opera, lots of princesses and drama but no actual day to day stuff like housework, dish washing, chores etc. Same here … lots of princesses and drama but no actual day to day stuff like, ooh, I do not know, laying eggs maybe!!
lau.gif

Yeah, the evil black @#$%^'s here decided that it was time to touch ground again and try and steal some food .. Dustmeister was too busy breaking up squabbles to notice so I went all crazy lady with broom and water pistol
wink.png

They took off back into their tree when they saw/heard me coming. I didn't need to take up arms, thankfully.

(can't chickens see aviary mesh? My chickens always try to walk through the walls of their run. If one is on the outside and one on the inside, they don't understand that they have to walk up to the door to get back inside)

Nice looking new additions you have there chicken-clucky. I do like Pearl.

Tee hee satay, yes, she should be careful what she wishes for … the issue is not getting them to go broody, it is stopping them ;)

Yes . I had been waiting for one to go broody since last year. Last week I had 5 broody and 1 raising chicks. Now I'm back to 2 sitting on eggs and 2 raising chicks.

Back
Top Bottom