Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Thank you I will isolate her. I suspect sour crop more than impacted as her crop is feeling bloated and squishy. I will check her again in the morning. She has garlic and acv in her water atm and I syringed some in before as I wasn't sure how much she is drinking. Poor little thing is not doing much

The crop becomes blocked or impacted and then the foodstuff turns sour. If it has progressed to sour crop you can usually smell it. I'd remove the garlic and acv and only offer clean fresh water. If there is an impaction or blockage the acv will ferment in there and whilst garlic has its benefits it can also lead to anemia when a birds immune system is challenged. :)

[/U]

How are you going down there? here parts of Tassie are being evacuated .

Most of the destruction has been in the north , the Huon river is probably the only one that hasn't flooded as yet, touch wood. Tonight we will see the impact of the rain falling out in the north west wilderness, as it makes its way down the Picton and fills the Huon river system.. The spirit of tasmania has been cancelled as the Mersey yacht club marina broke free with all the yachts attached and due to all of the debri Devonport ports are closed . Unfortunately lives have been lost and the livestock losses are substantial . But still people continue to drive through flood waters. :rolleyes:

Most of the destruction has been in the north , the Huon river is probably the only one that hasn't flooded as yet, touch wood. Tonight we will see the impact of the rain falling out in the north west wilderness, as it makes its way down the Picton and fills the Huon river system.. The spirit of tasmania has been cancelled as the Mersey yacht club marina broke free with all the yachts attached and due to all of the debri Devonport ports are closed . Unfortunately lives have been lost and the livestock losses are substantial . But still people continue to drive through flood waters. :rolleyes:

Crazy isn't it. Was just listening to the radio and they were saying SES did 300 odd rescues and nearly all were due to people making bad choices around floodwaters.

Glad you and your property are ok and hope it continues that way.

Yeah, wherever you need to be is not worth risking your life for . :(

So true not that i would have ever driven through flood waters but after the floods it reinforced it for me. I had to take my brother back to Brissy and i must have turned back 30 odd times on roads i was just not sure i could cross. it took me nearly 4 hours to find a safe way through but those extra hours were worth it to me.

Last edited:
So true not that i would have ever driven through flood waters but after the floods it reinforced it for me. I had to take my brother back to Brissy and i must have turned back 30 odd times on roads i was just not sure i could cross. it took me nearly 4 hours to find a safe way through but those extra hours were worth it to me.

I feel for the elderly gentleman 81 that was trying to get his sheep to higher ground. When it floods here the current is so strong that anything over knee height is too dangerous to cross. I've seen 30 m stringy barks go past with such force that it smashes still standing trees . What's with people going into the surf yesterday

Crazy !

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Well, yesterday was a write off … major plumbing problems at home and without too much detail and grossing everyone out, we had sewerage where you do not want sewerage. Add the fact that work was frantic and I was trying to concentrate with plumbers and noise etc and I am glad it is over, for now anyways, more work on broken pipes and drains required but at least we can use the shower and toilet now
wink.png

Mother Nature is definitely in a mood and throwing a few temper tantrums around the country .. stay safe everyone.

appps did you lose power for very long? Sorry to read of all the run troubles and mud. Put me down as a vote for deep litter in the run, I have used it for a couple of years now and no dramas, especially now the run is permanently covered.

satay I think we have been getting some 10’s or 11’s overnight and maximum’s of only 20 and I am loving it! I too am pleased the wind has died down, so are the princesses
wink.png

Anniebee nice pics of Craig .. while I do not mind the cold, I will pass on those temps! Tee hee, what has Sonya been up to?

Hi there zadebrown01 nice to meet you!

Sam love the pic of Sam!

SilkieChickStar I hope your little Silkie is OK
fl.gif

sjturner79 good luck with the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom