Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Yeah that's pretty typical. They like having the boss around.

Tee hee .. the boss or the hired help?
wink.png
lau.gif

Good morning folks :frow

I reckon Mother Nature has a bit of broody in her; she does like to throw a tantrum or two!

Stay safe Fancy, Anniebee and everyone else.  My thoughts are also with those who have been hit by and still in the path of Hurricane Matthew :(

I see on the BOM-site that Brisbane has a predicted maximum of 34C next Tuesday … :fl  please, please, please be a typo, I am not ready for summer ;)

Howdy Emmsykate and peep peep peep, welcome to the thread; nice to meet you.

LuckysMum Sending positive thoughts your way for a successful rehoming for some of your newbies.  While I do not have any roosters to compare, I agree with Fancy that some of my hens, one in particular, probably out shines a few roosters when she wants attention but at least she does not start early in the morning.

I learnt something yesterday which was both interesting and kinda cute … Crystal started asking to be let out at 02:30PM and as I was working on something tricky and needed to concentrate, I made a decision to take the risk of unsupervised free range until I finished at 4PM.  They were quiet for the first 30 minutes and then they all congregated on the deck and started making lots of noise again.  When I went out at 4, they were happy as … they did not just want out, they wanted their people also; they do love me.. lol. 

:lau It was just on 35c here just before 12pm today. Now thats more my kind of weather.

Yesterday I mentioned how very very cold it was here in Victoria, and it was - after the uproar the previous evening.

Today, I had to peel back to a t-shirt etc., - it has been in the high 20's.

Have to agree with Teila .... " Mother Nature has a bit of broody in her " ...... quite a lot actually, I think.
wink.png

* ( the emoticons have gone weird !! at least on my PC screen they have !! ) *

Cheers ......

My D'Uccle pullet who is my friendliest chicken,has always been at the bottom of the pecking order. Suddenly though, since everyone has matured and the silkie roo is showing her interest, I've noticed she is on the top roost with 2 others tonight.

Back
Top Bottom