Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

How's everyone going with the weather around the country. It's been really wet up here that last month or so.. Fancy you would not believe how green my grass is. Teila did you get much of that rain up north? I have a broody Belgian that has taken up sitting in my bromeliads, Guess she doesn't mind getting wet as she has been sitting stead fast for nearly two weeks i think. Any one else hatching?

How's everyone going with the weather around the country. It's been really wet up here that last month or so.. Fancy you would not believe how green my grass is. Teila did you get much of that rain up north? I have a broody Belgian that has taken up sitting in my bromeliads, Guess she doesn't mind getting wet as she has been sitting stead fast for nearly two weeks i think. Any one else hatching?
Our grass is just greening up after some nice rain , but the days are perfect ATM. Autumn is my favourite time of year. :)

Hey All, I am still alive and kicking! :frow

While it is supposed to be the wet season, I would not say that it has been particularly wet.

We did have to empty the water tank which was originally just plonked on the sand! Top workmanship there, what happens to a water tank on sand when it fills up?

Anyways, we emptied it, got a concrete slab put in and it was full again in 3 weeks!

The girls and puddy cats are doing great.

I have been busy, busy, busy trying to turn the 10 year neglected jungle in to a garden plus working on the house. Probably best explained in pics!

Before:
2 November 2017 Before.jpg

After:
2 November 2017 After.jpg

Before:
Rainwater Tank 7 January 2018 A.jpg

After:
3 March 2018 B.jpg

Before:
21 Ocober 2017 Before.jpg

After:
29 October 2017.jpg

The plants love the climate:
Audrey 28 October 2017 A.jpg

4 months later:
Audrey 11 February 2018.jpg

The run:
2 December 2017 A.jpg

June 2017:
30 June 2017.JPG

January: The 5 year old tree fern I shipped up from Brisbane has gone crazy!!
14 January 2018 A.jpg

Before:
Before 2 December 2017.jpg

After:
After 2 December 2017.jpg

You probably get the picture by now :p I have been busy! ;)

Oh dear. I hope it avoids you. This must all be a result of the "Global Warming "
That politicians keep telling us isn't happening. :he

Thank you Fancy!

Yeah, we are fine, high and dry, just not able to get in to town for a while which is OK, we have supplies here at home, a small store in the village and a pub :p

Some of the images coming out of Ingham are very scary and my thoughts are with those in town.

Hubby, who works at Council, tried to get in today but had to turn around and come back home.

Back
Top Bottom