Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Has anyone sat out a cyclone with chickens? While Oma may not get here [fingers crossed] I'm not confident my present coop would withstand a cyclone. For one thing it's not anchored to the ground. How should I prepare in the event of...?
Oh yea gods, not even sure what to suggest. Can you bring your girls inot the garage so even if the coop gets damaged they'll be safe?

Oh yea gods, not even sure what to suggest. Can you bring your girls inot the garage so even if the coop gets damaged they'll be safe?
We don't actually have a garage. It's an odd house. The workshop area doesn't even have a door @ the present time. I only have 5 hens so am thinking of getting a big crate & hoping they'll only have to be crated for 24 hours max if Oma actually gets here. She may not. They don't often get this far south but no use freaking after the event. Better to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

52033981_342415136615850_9169956503552000000_n.jpg Waiting to see what Oma will do. Currently our temp is 27C, Humidity @ 63% but you can see how much higher our tides are with a nearly full moon ~ & tide's not full yet. The brown water is where all the sea grass has been shifted from the usual high water mark ~ which is the leading edge on the water side. Gold Coast beaches are shutting due to dangerous currents & high winds. *sigh* If she runs true to form she will make a noise like a hoop & veer away.

Yes it does ~ but the cyclone [even though it's still days away] is pushing the swell & tides up. We have weather warnings out all along the coast already due to wind & current ~ which doesn't mean it will make landfall, just that it's affecting our weather. My boys pro crab. Their gear box on the boat went yesterday. I'm rather grateful. It means they have to be out of the water for the rest of this week while it gets fixed.

Back
Top Bottom