• Poll closed .

BigBlueHen53

❤️ Exodus 20:8-11 ❤️
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
Screenshot_20190728-232453_Gmail.jpg
This handsome boy was Elvis, my first roo. He was a sweetie, and I'd like to have another like him, but I don't really know what he was. Could he have been an Australorp? He's not at his best here, his tail was in moult, apparently, but this is the best pic I have. He was clean-legged as I recall, or may have had vestigial leg feathers, and yellow legs. Beak is partly black. Single comb, noble wattles, red eye. He was the singingest rooster ever, and was well named Elvis! He crowed the clock around! He also had easily 3" spurs which made him an awkward breeder but he didn't harm or strip the hens. Edited to add pic.

Hm, I don't remember him being much bigger than the hens ... what color skin do Australs have? I know Harvey, @Peppercorngal 's Jersey Giant, is humongous, and aelvis was not that big....
I was leaning Australorp, but I did some googling and found this pic. This is a Jersey Giant rooster. He has legs like Elvis, and the same beak. Maybe Elvis was a hatchery JG. They don't get as huge as breeder ones do.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/fe/3f/38fe3fa7a70cc0c5e47a1f315613e4db.jpg

Back
Top Bottom