Australorps breed Thread

Ok my 8 week old is getting pretty big but he still is only peeping

One of my Gilbert Boys starting cutting it loose at 10 weeks old. I have a Leghorn that is crowing in the brooder at 4 weeks old. He cranks it up every morning!

Dan

I always thought he was a she, his name is Alice, but his comb has come in and my other Austrolorp has no comb yet, and they are the same age. So I'm thinking boy, that and the tail feathers, but no crow out of him yet, not even a little one...sigh, I guess I will just wait and see.

on getting Australorps! I agree with you whole heatedly. I have some crazy breeds now and wonder why--well for the egg colors I guess. Mediterranean Breeds are noisy, startle easy and are flighty. They are heat hardy but oh my! The Australorps just look at them like they are saying: Huh? What is wrong with you!
. I agree with you whole heartily. My EE's run around crazy chasing my lorps. Had I known I would have bought more lorps and no EE's. Love this thread, thank you!

G'day,
I had a visit today from a fellow poultry breeder from Western Australia. He was over here on holidays. To give you an idea of the distance that would be like someone from Los Angeles CA visiting someone in Boston MA. It's on the opposite side of the country.

He shot some live video clips of the Australorps, including show pullets, a breeding cock, show Bantams and more, and he posted them on Facebook. I have no idea how to access them to show them here, but perhaps Chet or one of your Facebook members may know how to.

Here is his Facebook entries with several of the video clips. https://www.facebook.com/nathan.watson.5?hc_location=stream

I have no idea if this will work here in BYC

safe_image.php

Regards,

Ross

Beautiful birds in your picture Ross.
I believe in order to see Nathan's pics/vids we would need to be his friend possibly because I didn't see the pics/vids you mentioned on his public sharing page. Thanks for trying. Enjoyed all that you do share here.
~Dee~

Back
Top Bottom