Australorps breed Thread

Got some pics of my two Australorps today
big_smile.png

My older girl, I love her so much, she is just so beautiful to look at!

My 14 week old pullet, happy with how she's growing so far
smile.png
She's got a cute face.

@maddogdodge your hen is so fat and fluffy - does she let you squeeze her? JK!
Have you named them? I do love your little one's face - such a classic Aussie look: "Yes, can I help you? I realize I'm stunning, but must you stare?"

@maddogdodge your hen is so fat and fluffy - does she let you squeeze her? JK!
Have you named them? I do love your little one's face - such a classic Aussie look: "Yes, can I help you? I realize I'm stunning, but must you stare?"
Thanks haha, I'm not too sure she'd be particularly happy if i squeezed her
lol.png
Haha!

No I haven't named them, only some of my chooks have names so far, I'm open to suggestions if you want lol
tongue.png

The little one is adorable isn't she? So much personality!

Not so much squeezing as snuggles.
1f61c.png

My Brahma will walk up my arm at night to let me put her in the coop sometimes. She is about 8 pounds of big fat fluffy softness. Once up, she does let me snuggle and pet her. Her name is Henny, which gives you an idea of how good I am at naming.
My only cleverly named bird is Sinatra, my sweet but SOOO independent Australorp. She does everything her own way! She was Lorpy Lu until her chickenality really showed itself.
I think maybe your Hen could be called Black Beauty (like the horse in the book and movie) and call her Beauty for short.
There are some threads on BYC all about names clever people think up.
Another one I just thought of - Esmeralda, for an Australorp with a really striking emerald sheen.
I'll try to get a pic of Sinatra posted - her face just turned red and it is very striking.

Very excited, without counting my chickens before they hatch, have five little Aussie australorps growing in my eggs under the broody! Only day ten but is looking good! They are from a high quality purebred breeder so can't wait to see them!

Now all I need is at least three of the five to be girls and of those three, one to be blue, one black and one splash. Easy as lol

Last edited:
My mum calls my older Australorp 'Nana Hen' because she's so chubby and cute
tongue.png
I like Black Beauty too!

Only some of mine are properly named, and they aren't very creative names haha! To name a few, I have Mr. Roo cause obviously he's a rooster haha. Little Hen, cause she was attacked by a dog and became stunted in growth, Legolas is another name I have... no idea why haha!

Your Sinatra sounds like a character!

My mum calls my older Australorp 'Nana Hen' because she's so chubby and cute :p  I like Black Beauty too!

Only some of mine are properly named, and they aren't very creative names haha! To name a few, I have Mr. Roo cause obviously he's a rooster haha. Little Hen, cause she was attacked by a dog and became stunted in growth, Legolas is another name I have... no idea why haha!

Your [COLOR=333333]Sinatra sounds like a character![/COLOR]

Well obviously cause legolas is a bit of a hottie hen lol

Back
Top Bottom