Australorps breed Thread

I doubt many on this forum would believe just how calm and laid back I really am.

You've had a lot of years of "chicken therapy", so I would totally believe you're calm and laid back.
wink.png

Quote: I agree except in the case of my husband. He does ALL sorts of "those little things" to irritate me, often on purpose. I don't take it out on others. I take it out on HIM. Otherwise, I'm usually pretty easy going, and tolerant of everyone else.

I let the "kids" out to wander in the run today. Even though it was overcast and they are only five weeks old there was no mistaking they have a beautiful green sheen to their new feathers. In fact I'd probably describe them as deep green rather than black. Can't wait to see them in the sunshine :)

Last edited:
Finally took some more photos of the babies. They will be 5 weeks old this weekend. I am guessing that the one with the white fluff feathers on the chest still is going to be a rooster and the other a pullet.

Love the way you can see they are actually green more than black in this one :)

The one I think is a girl has all its black butt feathers and a little tail, the one I think is a rooster, not so much :)

Last edited:
Stunning photos Apps! I agree that you have 1 boy and 1 girl, hard to tell for sure thoug... Of my 4 bantam australorp babies I thi k my little 5 week old blue is a girl, my 3.5 week old splash is very clearly a rooster with a very red comb! And my 2 blacks I'm not sure about yet...

Can someone post some pics of some splash australorps?

I could be wrong but I don't know they are that common over there so I'm not sure who else has splash other than myself and @maddogdodge but ours are going to look a little different to what you guys have as we are both in Australia and hers are bantam.

Last edited:
Finally took some more photos of the babies. They will be 5 weeks old this weekend. I am guessing that the one with the white fluff feathers on the chest still is going to be a rooster and the other a pullet.

The one I think is a girl has all its black butt feathers and a little tail, the one I think is a rooster, not so much :)
Cute Butt Picture ....

I could be wrong but I don't know they are that common over there so I'm not sure who else has splash other than myself and @maddogdodge but ours are going to look a little different to what you guys have as we are both in Australia and hers are bantam.

I'm very partial to the blacks and there are actually quite a few folks breeding the splash and blue birds in the States.

I'm very partial to the blacks and there are actually quite a few folks breeding the splash and blue birds in the States.

Thought somebody said they were hard to come by a while back. Might have been a different breed thread I'm confusing it with. Do any of our thread regulars have them?

Back
Top Bottom