Australorps breed Thread

the top two are my roosters the blue one is very protective but I think the young one was a rooster that the hawk got! this is steve he will take food out of your hand so gently to make sure he doesn't bite you!! this is to show ginger and spices size difference! they where in the wrong spot at rural king but they where a happy mistake this bird wasn't one my they are the sweetest birds!! yes I have a little of everything because I am a first timer!! my friend said my isa browns are redstars idk if there a difference
If you are talking about the red one in this photo I wouldn't have picked it as an isa brown. Ours were much darker in colour than that.

I have 2 26week old BA that are not laying yet. I bought this breed based on reading that they mature around 20-22 weeks and lay well in the winter. I have them on 13 hours of light.
Just wondering if anyone else has had slow maturing BA's.

The BA's I got from Meyer in June 2015 both started at 28.5 weeks

Quote:
Or most any other "farm store". You have no idea who has taken a chick from one pen and put it back in another. Kind of like the hardware store, too "hard" to remember where you got this pipe fitting or that screw, just throw it in the bin in front of you.

The BA's I got from Meyer in June 2015 both started at 28.5 weeks

Or most any other "farm store". You have no idea who has taken a chick from one pen and put it back in another. Kind of like the hardware store, too "hard" to remember where you got this pipe fitting or that screw, just throw it in the bin in front of you.

You are right. Too many people seem to have very short term memories, or are too lazy to put things back where they found them at.

Idk I have a little of everything!!! I only know a silky/frizzle/sizzle breeder I have a sizzle porcelain which I guess is rare!! but shes not very bright..... ginger and spice are so sweet the come up and get on your lap and put their head on you shoulder!!!

Kelly,
When chicks are born after April, like May or June, they may not lay until next spring or at least 7 or 8 months old. I don't know why, but that has been my experience especially if you have cold winters. A chicken needs 12 to 14 hours of Sunlight or artificial light to keep laying in the winter unless they were born between Dec and April then they start laying about 5 to 6 months old and keep on laying in the winter, of course depending on the breed.
Has your blue and brown easter egger in the front started laying yet? Should lay a blue or blue green egg.
Kurt

Back
Top Bottom