Australorps breed Thread

There is a book called the standard of perfection. This gives detailed descriptions of what the breed should look like.

Where did your birds come from? If from a hatchery or feed store then more than likely they are not show quality

There is a book called the standard of perfection. This gives detailed descriptions of what the breed should look like.

Where did your birds come from? If from a hatchery or feed store then more than likely they are not show quality
Meyer Hatchery in Polk Ohio. At our ohio national poultry show there were many chickens being shown from Meyer's. We never get from feed store.

Hi Kurt,

Agreed!!! That Black Australorp is Beautiful. That's our goal... to meet the Aussie Breed Standard.

Attached is our Aussie Black Roo who is the offspring from one of your Blue Roosters and one of Black Hens.
He is 7 Months Old.

Open for Feedback...

He is such a sweetheart so we named him Romeo.

Tara

Hi Kurt,

Agreed!!! That Black Australorp is Beautiful. That's our goal... to meet the Aussie Breed Standard.

Attached is our Aussie Black Roo who is the offspring from one of your Blue Roosters and one of Black Hens.
He is 7 Months Old.

Open for Feedback...

He is such a sweetheart so we named him Romeo.

Tara

Tara,
He looks real good for a 7 month old cockerel. He will fill out more in the chest and keep an eye on the tail angle. SOP calls for 40 degrees in a BA and he is just busting that a little. It could also be the way he is standing or when they alert it raises the tail angle.
All in all I like him, he will only get better. Remember he is just a punk teenage now.
Kurt

My DD wants to start showing chickens and these are two of the chicks we got from someone are roosters. They look completely different from one another. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with SOP and could give me an evaluation of them.as far as I know, they are hatchery stock, about 8 months old.
This one is Henry. He has a smaller comb, is shorter and heavier.
This is Oreo. He has a huge comb and longer legs.
Oreo on the left, Henry on the right.
Oreo from the back.
Henry, top view. I don't have any wing spreads, but will try to add them later. Thank you!

Hi all! We're going to be getting our first Australorp soon. I ordered 3 pullets from Cackle to fill out our coop, and one of them is a black australorp. I look forward to meeting her and watching her grow (and hopefully actually getting some eggs next winter haha).

Hi all! We're going to be getting our first Australorp soon. I ordered 3 pullets from Cackle to fill out our coop, and one of them is a black australorp. I look forward to meeting her and watching her grow (and hopefully actually getting some eggs next winter haha).

Post pictures when you get her!

I will. I had been on BYC for something like 3 years, but my account broke...had to make a new one
1f605.png
If that happens again, get a moderator to help you.

@HappyChooks is one but send a PM.

She may be able to recover the old account for you even now.

Back
Top Bottom