Australorps breed Thread

Well, since ya'll are at it... I got some pullets of the new line of Blue Australorps that Privett Hatchery just got last year. I had gotten that one that was accidentally mixed in with the Black Aussies I ordered a year ago, and she seemed like a nice bird so I thought "what the heck, why not". Unfortunately I rehomed that one last summer. I'll try to get some better pics soon, this is from a couple weeks ago. I started out with 6, sold the three smallest and kept the biggest ones.
IMG_20180420_164314.jpg

Well, since ya'll are at it... I got some pullets of the new line of Blue Australorps that Privett Hatchery just got last year. I had gotten that one that was accidentally mixed in with the Black Aussies I ordered a year ago, and she seemed like a nice bird so I thought "what the heck, why not". Unfortunately I rehomed that one last summer. I'll try to get some better pics soon, this is from a couple weeks ago. I started out with 6, sold the three smallest and kept the biggest ones.View attachment 1381516
They are having so much fun!

I have 2 Black Australorps that are coming up on 8 weeks old. One is already quite large, but the other was much slower at developing its feathers & is only about 1/2 to 2/3 the size. Is it too early to assume that this little one will stay small? Its currently the same size as my 8 week old easter egger chicks.....

I don't think so. In my first batch of chicks I had 2 BAs. One grew a bit faster than the other which had me :barniethinking one was a cockerel. Nope, Echo was "normal" size for a BA and Zorra can give a smaller Black Jersey Giant hen a run for her money size wise.

Back
Top Bottom