Auto-Door Opener for Big Birds

MimiRatt

Chirping
Jun 22, 2022
I’m raising brahmas and Jersey giants, and I want an automatic coop door so they don’t have to wait for me to go outside at 11:00 AM to get adequate free range time and fresh air. Any auto door suggestions that are good for big birds? Solar, preferably, but battery powered would be good also. I don’t have power run down to the coop. Thanks in advance!

I am also not a m morning person. You could use electric poultry netting to create a yard around the coop. This is what I have done. Right now, my garage door opens into the yard, but I am gradually moving the netting over so the lawn doesn't get ruined. When I get up I open the yard so they can free range until about 3:30 when I bribe them into the yard with feed before the fox shows up.

I am also not a m morning person. You could use electric poultry netting to create a yard around the coop. This is what I have done. Right now, my garage door opens into the yard, but I am gradually moving the netting over so the lawn doesn't get ruined. When I get up I open the yard so they can free range until about 3:30 when I bribe them into the yard with feed before the fox shows up.
Sounds like a good routine! So you just use your garage as a coop? Do you use an automatic door to let them out? Or just keep the door open for them and trust the poultry netting to keep out predators?

I have an Ador. I have Brahmas, they have no issue with the size of the door, but Ador does also have a turkey door. We also do not have power at the coop. The Ador runs off a lantern battery and the original one (which came with the door) lasted about 18 months, including one full Colorado winter and most of a second winter. We've been very happy with the door and it's battery life.

I have an Ador. I have Brahmas, they have no issue with the size of the door, but Ador does also have a turkey door. We also do not have power at the coop. The Ador runs off a lantern battery and the original one (which came with the door) lasted about 18 months, including one full Colorado winter and most of a second winter. We've been very happy with the door and it's battery life.
Thank you so much! I’ll look into Ador right now

Back
Top Bottom