Auto Waterer

OffSpring

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 13, 2007
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

I want to start using an automatic waterer to save me from constantly filling up the waterer and also ensure my feathered friends have enough water when I am out.

I did see a link somehwhere on here pointing to this website:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/chicken-automatic-waterer-feeder.php

On the above link there is a very nice compact device designed for dogs called the Never Dry Auto-Wata from wall mart... And it's only about $12!

However I can't find anything like this in the UK!

So basically I just want to hook my garden hose up to an automatic waterer of some kind. I don't mind building it from scratch if it's straight forward and cheap to make.

Surely I can't be the only one in this position! Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

My first impression of that waterer is that the birds will make a mess of it.

Have a look at this one.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14981

Your post made me scream. I had the nighbor kid dig a trench this weekend to pull power from the greenhouse to the new coop, and I proceeded to fill it back in without dropping in a piece of PVC irrigation pipe. Bummed I tell ya - I'm bummed. That trench will be re-opened next year almost certainly.

Thanks for your replies...

But I really want an auto water system that is connected straight to the garden tap via a hose, so that I don't have to worry about checking a tank attached to a gravity drinker.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could buy one here in the UK?

Or as I said in my previous post I don't mind making one if it is straightforward and the parts are pretty cheap.

I can't believe that there isn't a market for this product here!

There are hundreds of thousands of chicken keepers accross the country and obviously they must all manually check their drinkers all day long (like I do)...

Won't the red hanging ones connect to a hose? The ones right below the blue water heater on that page? The ones that are sold here are a different style, but can be hooked up to either a faucet/garden tap or a water tank, as you choose.

Yes the one that is in the link that greginshasta posted is fully automatic just make sure you hang it high enough so that the chicken don't make a mess of it, Because of the open design of it, Its easy for them to mess up.

It may be on another site, but I saw a good design using a PVC pipe. It was attached to the side of a wall or fence.

The top third or half is cut off leaving a trough. Attach an adapter at one end that fits onto a hose. At the other end put a removal cap. Install a regular livestock float to keep the water level constant. When you need to clean it, take off the end cap and run the hose through it.

Back
Top Bottom