Automatic Chicken Doors

I looked at the KEBONNIXS on Amazon and they were out of stock. I am a little concerned about these door operators designed like a sluice gate operated by a cable and gravity. What safeguard do these have to prevent the pesky, furry banditos from lifting up the gate and gaining access? These rascals are smarter than a lot of people I know and would think it wouldn't tale them long to figure out how to lift the gate.

Thanks!!
I haven't used any doors that are gravity with a string like that but from photos and product descriptions, they don't look like they have predator safeguards. The doors like the Omlet and Run-Chicken, those types, the gears usually lock so nothing can open them.

Hi there!

I decided to purchase the Omlet chicken door yesterday. It was a hard choice between that one and the run-chicken. I went with the Omlet in the end because there was an adapter that can be purchased so that you don't need to use batteries and it is a different style than the run-chicken. I am very excited for it to get here and I'll keep you updated on how the installation goes and how it works for my flock! Thank you everyone for chiming it! Have a good day :)
I am also thinking of buying an Omlet automatic door, so I look forward to hearing how yours is. Does it have an automatic door open/ close button as well as the daylight sensing mechanism? Thanks.

I am also thinking of buying an Omlet automatic door, so I look forward to hearing how yours is. Does it have an automatic door open/ close button as well as the daylight sensing mechanism? Thanks.
I have one. It does have a light sensor, but I just set the time to open and close. It does have a button to manually close/open. It's set up on the inside of the coop.

Hi there!

I decided to purchase the Omlet chicken door yesterday. It was a hard choice between that one and the run-chicken. I went with the Omlet in the end because there was an adapter that can be purchased so that you don't need to use batteries and it is a different style than the run-chicken. I am very excited for it to get here and I'll keep you updated on how the installation goes and how it works for my flock! Thank you everyone for chiming it! Have a good day :)
Any updates to this?

UPDATE*

I have had the door installed for a month now. No issues with it. One night last week, my chickens didn't all go in the coop. If I hadn't of checked outside, they would've been left out there. This is not the door's fault though. I must have given them scratch or something too late in the evening and they didn't go in before it got too dark. The batteries are still one hundred percent and the door is working like new! I love it.

Hi there!

Doing my research now. How do you like it?

I see you got the Omlet. I’ve had my Omlet door for a couple of months. It has options to control when it opens and closes, sensor, timer, or manual. The batteries are still going strong. I got the light with mine and it’s just enough light to see what’s going inside at night and not disturb the chickens too much. I really like that it has a sensor that detects a chicken and will not close on them. I tried it on my own arm and it worked perfectly. I love it so far!!

Back
Top Bottom