Autopsy of a little chick. Autopsy pictures caution. Please help!

I renew the question, if these two white dots that I always see in the ill chicks have an interpertation?

IBD "Gumboro" can not be recognized here. There are no signs of bursitis inflammation here.

Are there other ideas than IBD "Gumboro"?

View attachment 1928514
I do think Gumboro is a possibility given the symptoms and your location. However, it’s just a guess without testing and other things could also cause these signs

It is not Gumboro. The necropsied chick has no postmortem signs typically associated with the disease, stool does not match that of infected birds and vital organs typically affected allear healthy.

It is not Gumboro. The necropsied chick has no postmortem signs typically associated with the disease, stool does not match that of infected birds and vital organs typically affected allear healthy.

I would hesitate to state that definitively. True, it is not a classic presentation but you can see animals with mild changes of their organs and no enlargement of the bursa. It’s still worth considering until she can have testing done to rule it and other things out.

At this point I would like to thank all of you for the strong assistance. It reaffirmed me very much.

I have a few points to explain,

1- This problem occurs for me now for the third time. So three different generations of the same parents in different time phases and with different holding conditions.
2- I use the desert sand not to heat but only as a ground cover to make it easier to clean the chicks.
3- This disease has occurred before the use of sand. Very wise guesses what the sand can do, but not in this particular case.
4- The first sick generation of about 40 chicks I tried to treat with Salmonella therapy. I used ciprofolxacin and then florfenicol, with no real success.
5- The second sick generation of about 27 chicks I have tried to treat with coccidia therapy. I used amprolium and then artemisia, even without relevant breakthrough.
6- In this last generation of about 37 chicks I have used mixed antibiotics such as ampicillin and ciprofloxacin in the water and curcumin and cinnamon in the feed. With very little success, the death rate has fallen slightly, but the chicks remained weak and very warm needy. They do not gain weight.
7- I have a heat lamp, but I can not use it continuously, because the electricity there "Gaza, southern Israel" goes on and off in 8 hours cycle, and so i have to use a Battarie that does not live long. Actually in our weather, healthy chicks are doing well without heat lamp, since we often have temperatures between 80 and 88 ° F.
8- In between I managed from the same conditions to raise chicks, which grew very healthy. The trick was to raise each 10 chicks separately in a carton. After 3 to 4 weeks healthy together and ill together.

Hints,

- Older chicks do not get sick, also when the chicks are a little older, they will not be infected.
- Younger chicks, once sick, never really heal and always remain weak and emaciated.
- Yes, I used a starter Matmor Feed.

By the way, I thank the Akrnaf for his helpfulness. The unreachable neighbor in the same country. I guess I will never be able to see him. It separates us borders and much more. What a crazy world. We are very close but very far. I was hoping to be able to hug him and everyone in my arms, except that these are only dreams of a child. A lot has happened. The question is if man can walk over his wounds, the answer has a bitter taste.

I wish you the best Akrnaf, you probably can not do anything for what determines our world.

Sorry that I have deviated something from the topic. Would be good if we stick with it.
A salam u alicum my cousin!
Sorry for the situation I really hope that I could help more.
In my opinion it is some nutrition deprevation caused by the feed they get.

A salam u alicum my cousin!
Sorry for the situation I really hope that I could help more.
In my opinion it is some nutrition deprevation caused by the feed they get.
Are you saying this particular brand of feed is no good?
I believe OP has successfully raised other batches of chicks on it and has current healthy chicks eating it.

It seems that only one set of breeder birds are producing chicks that aren't thriving.

Is it the actual breeder birds health causing the problems or is it a combo with the current living conditions these ill chicks are living in.

I still vote for treating the ill ones for coccidiosis because their symptoms fit.

Are you saying this particular brand of feed is no good?
I believe OP has successfully raised other batches of chicks on it and has current healthy chicks eating it.

It seems that only one set of breeder birds are producing chicks that aren't thriving.

Is it the actual breeder birds health causing the problems or is it a combo with the current living conditions these ill chicks are living in.

I still vote for treating the ill ones for coccidiosis because their symptoms fit.
I am just guessing, he said that it used amperolium unsuccessfully in the past. Unless it is a resistant brand of Eimeria, and I think that there is low chance for that, it isn't Coccidia.
About the feed not every feed company produce feed for chicks, and some times pepole use regular layers feed for newly hatch chicks.
I didn't see something wrong in the autopsy pics! Or maybe I need to change my multifocal glasses! :lol:

A friend of mine does their own fecals and no longer uses amprolium because they have found that amprolium resistant strains are quite common, so now they use sulfadimethoxine.

The OP also mentioned putting the various medication in water. Since sick birds don't usually drink enough water, there is a very good chance that they did not get enough amprolium.

Back
Top Bottom