Autopsy of a little chick. Autopsy pictures caution. Please help!

Pics

Ramouila

Songster
Nov 26, 2018
Hello dear frends,
My chicks suffer from emaciation, have a very strong heat requirement, are no longer vital, eat very little and die frequently. The feces are very thin and look to be encapsulated. The ground is getting very wet quickly.

The disease affects all chicks about 37 at the same time.

Please help me to find the disease cause.

Here are a few autopsy pictures, hope they will be helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Skalbierung.JPG

Abdomen 4.JPG

Seite Muskel.JPG

Abdomen.JPG

Zwei nodi Verkäsung an die Gedärme.JPG

Abdomen 2.JPG

Kot Nass.JPG

Attachments

• Skalbierung.JPG
    Skalbierung.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Seite Muskel.JPG
    Seite Muskel.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Abdomen 4.JPG
    Abdomen 4.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Abdomen 4.JPG
    Abdomen 4.JPG
  • Addomen 3.JPG
    Addomen 3.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Skalbierung.JPG
    Skalbierung.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Seite Muskel.JPG
    Seite Muskel.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Skalbierung.JPG
    Skalbierung.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Abdomen 4.JPG
    Abdomen 4.JPG
  • Kot Nass.JPG
    Kot Nass.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Kot Nass.JPG
    Kot Nass.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Kot Nass.JPG
    Kot Nass.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Kot Nass.JPG
    Kot Nass.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 10
Well, I don’t know if I can help you but you’ve come to the right place. I will tag some folks for you who can tell you more so I’ll ask a lot of questions they might ask to get things started, ok?

Where are you located?
Where did your chicks come from?
Have you raised chicks successfully before?
Are they being raised with a hen or in a brooder?
What are you feeding?
Is it medicated or unmedicated food?
Were they vaccinated?
What age were the ones who died?
Did you try to treat them with anything? What?

I am very sorry you are losing your chicks. It is sad when you have these new lives and lose them.

@casportpony @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive

Thanks a lot,

Where are you located? Israel
Where did your chicks come from? From home, My own chicken herd. They are healthy sometimes have colds.
Have you raised chicks successfully before? Yes, Since I have successfully bred others in the same brooder at the same time, it seems to be an infection after moving from the brooder. And yes, next to in the same room and in the other carton live healthy chicks vital and active without heat demand. But these sick chicks freeze and stand on top of each other, that some suffocate. Enormous heat demand, where the others live quite well.
Are they being raised with a hen or in a brooder? Brooder
What are you feeding? Matmor Feed Mill D.N., Israel
Is it medicated or unmedicated food? I dont know.
Were they vaccinated? non
What age were the ones who died? At about 10 days, without heat, they will all die, though here is about 28 to 31 degrees Celsius "82 to 88 F."
Did you try to treat them with anything? What? Yes Ampicillin, and Ciprofloxacin. There has been some improvement, but they are not cured, they remain weak and very warm dependent. And I try also with curcumin and cinnamon, to cheat something with the food.

What type of bedding are you using? Are you disinfecting the incubator and brooders with new bedding between each group? There looks to be some dark parts of the intestines in some pictures. I would wonder about coccidiosis or enteritis. We are mostly all non-vets here with a few exceptions, and can only offer suggestions. If a vet could do some fecal tests on droppings, that might help. I wish I could offer more help. Sorry for your loss.

Intestines look healthy. Darker areas are likely carrying feces.

Poop pics show poop that isn't normal. There are no urates in those feces. All vital organs look healthy.

I think this may be a genetic disease. Are all these chicks coming from the same breeding group?

I'm a pre-vet student, by the way.

it seems to be an infection after moving from the brooder.
these sick chicks freeze and stand on top of each other, that some suffocate. Enormous heat demand
What age were the ones who died? At about 10 days, without heat, they will all die,
they remain weak and very warm dependent

I'm sorry about your losses :hugs

I too wonder about Coccidiosis and Enteritis. Can you take some stool samples to a vet, vet or agriculture lab to have some testing performed?

Back
Top Bottom