I am attempting to make auto sexing olive eggers right now with Wellbars and Legbars. Not a big fan of crested birds but I am so glad that who ever made the Cream Legbar made them with a crest or I would struggle to tell them apart. Received them early august and they are in their coops now, Sometime this spring I will find out if Wellbar eggs are dark enough to make olive eggs with a Cream Legbar. And even if they are not dark enough mixing the 2 will still create auto sexing birds with interesting egg colors.
If the hens that result from the crossing do have olive eggs I might sell them as Olivebars. From what i have read people posting on these threads 2 Olivebars bred together will not make Olivebars they will just be auto sexing mutts with a variety of egg colors. I shall find out if my theories hold true in the couple of years.

I am attempting to make auto sexing olive eggers right now with Wellbars and Legbars. Not a big fan of crested birds but I am so glad that who ever made the Cream Legbar made them with a crest or I would struggle to tell them apart. Received them early august and they are in their coops now, Sometime this spring I will find out if Wellbar eggs are dark enough to make olive eggs with a Cream Legbar. And even if they are not dark enough mixing the 2 will still create auto sexing birds with interesting egg colors.
If the hens that result from the crossing do have olive eggs I might sell them as Olivebars. From what i have read people posting on these threads 2 Olivebars bred together will not make Olivebars they will just be auto sexing mutts with a variety of egg colors. I shall find out if my theories hold true in the couple of years.
True, the F1s Will be O/o+ so if you cross them You Will get 50% O/o+, 25% O/O and 25% o+/o+ it's not a theory

Back
Top Bottom