Quote:
Well, if you've got the time, energy, and resources to devote to fighting something as trivial as a McDonalds happy meal toy, more power to you. Sadly, that isn't the case in todays world though. Kids are having sex, fighting, doing drugs, and committing very violent crimes on a regular basis. In the grand scheme of things, if all there was to worry about was a McDonalds toy, my job would be a whole lot easier.

Although, parents who DO worry about McDonalds toys today, will make my job a whole lot easier in the future.

I enjoyed the movie just as it was. I thought the swear words were funny, but then again I am an adult and made my own choice to watch the movie. It's parents' jobs to screen a movie if they want to be strict about what their children watch.

I did wonder why they were giving out Avatar toys at McDonald's though. Granted, my parents would have let us watch Avatar when we were young enough to get happy meals, but I know many parents will not.

~Chickerdoodle13 <-Who was watching R rated movies at the age of 3. I hardly ever curse, I am not violent, and I think overall I turned out ok!
lol.png

Quote:
We took that challenge last summer. Other than a couple times when we were on a road trip and had no other option, we have stuck to it (and the couple times we had it, we found it to be disgusting!).

Quote:
We took that challenge last summer. Other than a couple times when we were on a road trip and had no other option, we have stuck to it (and the couple times we had it, we found it to be disgusting!).

LOL

McDonalds markets and promotes all kinds of movies. As a parent I would be more concerned about the mass marketing campaigns for all the movie McDonalds (and others) promotes regardless of rating/content. Also, have you seen the garbage on tv? There is some stuff on there that I think is way more damaging to kids than one movie with a controversial military/ex military theme. Have you seen the bachelor? Or the fifty something different competitons for a man in which a bunch of stupid girls degrade themselves to capture a man and fame? Why isn't someone protesting that? Which do you think is more likely to produce negative results in the behaviors of your children when they reach thier teen years? That worrys me more than a few advertisements at mcdonalds.

Yes, it's marketing in it's lowest form in my opinion. That said, I think kids are done more longterm damage by actually being fed the McDonalds lol.

We stopped eating there almost a year ago. I think my wife cheats though. I'm sure I smelled Mcgriddle on the dogs breath.

The toy as far as I can tell is G rated. The parents deside weather or not to buy the "Happy Meal" an pay that extra $1.50 for the toy. They also choose weather or not to let the kids see the movie. Besides, McDonals is not useing happu meals to promoting the movie. Its the other way around. They are useing the movie to promote there happy meal. Besides most McDonalds have other toys thay will put in there if you ask for something more kid aproperate.

Im not a fan of McDonalds but I dont think they are wrong for making choises based on profit.

Dont like it? Vote by not going there.

I saw the movie last night and LOVED it !!! I dont have kids,there were no kids in the theater under 10 or so..if I had kids I wouldnt be feeding them McDonalds anyway.I dont eat it.

Back
Top Bottom