Avery's Puppy Countdown Thread!

How Many Puppies will be born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Today starts week 5! She is filling out so quickly.
Thats exciting! I would love to do this but both my pups are not AKC and not genetically tested. My first came from a BYB and my second came from a licensed breeder that needed to rehome a pup. Maybe sometime in the future i could ethically breed but, cant find a golden with breeding rights. Im glad Avery is doing well!

Thats exciting! I would love to do this but both my pups are not AKC and not genetically tested. My first came from a BYB and my second came from a licensed breeder that needed to rehome a pup. Maybe sometime in the future i could ethically breed but, cant find a golden with breeding rights. Im glad Avery is doing well!
Thanks! Yeah, I would never breed any dog that isn't AKC registered.
What breeds are your dogs?

I wouldnt either. Mine are golden retrievers. Although my puppy may be a mixed breed im wondering if that is why they rehomed him.
Well my first pup that came from a BYB both her parents were AKC registered but it was a opps litter. Then the lady went and started breeding goldendoodles

I wouldnt either. Mine are golden retrievers. Although my puppy may be a mixed breed im wondering if that is why they rehomed him.
Hate to say this, but AKC registration is only the beginning of a litter, and is worth only so much. You should breed for HEALTH (OFA, Van Willebrands Disease, PRA and any breed- specific medical issues, and temperment, also the AKC standard for how your dog looks, behaves, movement. You should research your breed thoroughly before you bring puppies into the world.

Hate to say this, but AKC registration is only the beginning of a litter, and is worth only so much. You should breed for HEALTH (OFA, Van Willebrands Disease, PRA and any breed- specific medical issues, and temperment, also the AKC standard for how your dog looks, behaves, movement. You should research your breed thoroughly before you bring puppies into the world.
Yes i know this.. that is why my dogs would never be bred. I have researched my breed throughly thats why i wouldnt breed mine.

Avery got a treat today to keep her occupied!
IMG_20230331_121132524~2.jpg

My 3 year old yellow lab, Avery, is due to have puppies sometime around the end of April! She tied exactly four weeks ago, and I took her to the vet for an ultrasound today. She's definitely pregnant. He said there was more than one, but that counting is too unreliable on ultrasound so he didn't even want to give a guess. 63 days from the day she tied would be April 27th, so that's her estimated due date. I thought it would be fun to document her pregnancy and puppies here.
I'll post some pictures of both her and the daddy shortly. The puppies will all be purebred, AKC registered yellow labs.
I bred my Shelby twice. She had 9 and 11 so I am guessing 10 for Avery! My kids were all still young at the time and it was a terrific experience!!

Back
Top Bottom