AWARENESS FOR DYED FISH

ok, so I am writing this thread to raise awareness for fish that have been dyed. Now many people would say, "how do you dye fish?". Now, there are many ways fish can be dyed. One of the ways is injecting fish with a needle and adding the dye underneath the skin of the fish. This results in artificially coloured fish. Glassfish are a very popular option to dye many colours. Why? Because they are transparent. They will inject coloured dye into the fish and sell them as 'painted glassfish'. people buy these fish with no clue that they are dyed (hence this post). Another way is soaking them in dye. The fish though will eventually lose its colour leaving most people puzzled. THESE FISH HAVE THE HIGHEST MORTALITY RATES! THEY WILL ONLY LIVE HALF THE LIFE OF A UNDYED FISH OF THE SAME BREED! And to add to all that, they are then shipped all around the world causing the fish stress. If stores are to sell dyed fish they should at least say that. PLEASE CHECK FOR THIS WHEN YOU ARE BUYING FISH FROM A STORE. if the store does NOT say that their fish have been artificially coloured either write them a letter or tell the manager. I AM STRONGLY AGAINST DYED FISH. I AM WRITING THIS TO RAISE AWARNESS FOR THESE FISH.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT ANIMALS

regards,
Dianacatz

Yes, this is a despicable practice. Thanks for posting.
And welcome to the forum!
frow.gif

:welcome We're glad to have you! I wish they would stop animal cruelty, but it isn't as easy as it seems. You need to educate the customers as well as the sellers to stop this. Too many people walk into a pet shop and leave with a fish that is only going to live half its lifespan because, "it looks cool". It's disgusting, truly. :/

Regards,
Leaf

Last edited:
Yes, too many people see pets as disposable. Buy one for their child, without any research. Care for it improperly. Then , when it dies a premature death, buy another. I hate walking through pet stores and witnessing this.

Yes, too many people see pets as disposable. Buy one for their child, without any research. Care for it improperly. Then , when it dies a premature death, buy another. I hate walking through pet stores and witnessing this. 

I agree with you on that. Unfortunately, many people look at fish as tiny animals that look identical with the same personalities. Now people are liking neon colours so they are dyeing the fish!

WIsles,
Dianacatz

Back
Top Bottom