Awesome surprise!

So is Dad still wild ?
Funny you ask that question! He never was very wild but lately, he comes running up to me everytime I go into the enclosure.
I wish he could speak...cause he sure is acting like he wants something from me or for me to do something? Even the other male, which has been more 'wild' acting, is coming closer to me? Don't really understand the behavioral changes, yet?

Funny you ask that question! He never was very wild but lately, he comes running up to me everytime I go into the enclosure.
I wish he could speak...cause he sure is acting like he wants something from me or for me to do something? Even the other male, which has been more 'wild' acting, is coming closer to me? Don't really understand the behavioral changes, yet?
Perhaps they observed the chicks approaching you without harm and have started to do the same.

Final Update: ☹ week 8

It's another sad day! It is with great sorrow that I have to relay that the lone surviving chick succumbed to the cold weather that we have been having here in South Texas. It's been near freezing or below for the last several nights.
Although it was fully feathered out, I think it just couldn't take the cold nights and temps in the day time in the low to mid 50's. BTW, it was a male chick.

I have gained alot of knowledge and experince in this short adventure. Some things I would change and some things I would not :old....if the situation arises again! Thanks to all who followed along in this adventure!

Last edited:
Final Update: ☹ week 7

It's another sad day! It is with great sorrow that I have to relay that the lone surviving chick succumbed to the cold weather that we have been having here in South Texas. It's been near freezing or below for the last several nights.
Although it was fully feathered out, I think it just couldn't take the cold nights and temps in the day time in the low to mid 50's. BTW, it was a male chick.

I have gained alot of knowledge and experince in this short adventure. Some things I would change and some things I would not :old....if the situation arises again! Thanks to all who followed along in this adventure!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I really appreciate you sharing every step of the way! This was so educational and very special to watch!

Back
Top Bottom