Ayam cemani rooster 9 mo paralyzed...

What does he look like
he's beautiful....completely black, black comb, waddles, black feet and legs, black tongue, eyes, his bones are black and so are the organs! hyperpigmentation - here's a baby pic i'll try to find adult - he's 9 months old
Ayam Cemani.jpg

So sorry for your loss. If you have his body and can keep it cold and wrapped in plastic, you can take it to your state vet tomorrow morning or on the 26th for a necropsy to get a confirmation of Mareks.

So just to update everyone I had to have Ayam euthanized today....not a great XMas present, but he had rolled around without the use of his legs since last wednesday so it was time for him to rest. :) such is the cycle of life.
Usually a difficult choice. :hugs

Did you decide you think it was malnutrition (I don't) or are you presuming Marek's without confirmation or sending in for necropsy?

Did you make contact with the Silkie peddler to let them know what happened to you and ask if they had seen anything themselves?

Usually a difficult choice. :hugs

Did you decide you think it was malnutrition (I don't) or are you presuming Marek's without confirmation or sending in for necropsy?

Did you make contact with the Silkie peddler to let them know what happened to you and ask if they had seen anything themselves?
Yes I still think Marek's and so did the vet...and I'm not really interested in necropsy - nothing I can do about it .

and yea I talked with Silkie people and they say nothing like that's occurred in their birds.... but again I purchased 4 silkies 3 weeks old and all died within a couple months. The place I purchased the Ayam cemani from are completely disappeared, even their old craigslist posts are gone so maybe that's why - everyone that purchased their babies got Mareks in the flock. I dunno....... thanks

Back
Top Bottom