Aztec Ducks!

Pics
Number 4 has entered the world. But it looks a bit darker than the others. So not really sure what is going on with it. I will see what it looks like when it is dry.

View attachment 2162037

I have 8 more eggs that will hopefully hatch by sometime tomorrow. These four have hatched really fast for ducklings about 36-48 hours between internal pip yesterday and hatching today.
Good luck with the others

Number 4 has entered the world. But it looks a bit darker than the others. So not really sure what is going on with it. I will see what it looks like when it is dry.

View attachment 2162037

I have 8 more eggs that will hopefully hatch by sometime tomorrow. These four have hatched really fast for ducklings about 36-48 hours between internal pip yesterday and hatching today.

That one's a mallard cross. The first step on the route to increasing genetic diversity and bringing back the Blue Pearl color. That's why I said your others were dry enough to tell the colors, haha. Those ones are purebred Aztec and are Porcelain. This one is mallard cross and is 'Blue Pearl'.

wow just read the thread. these ducks are amazing! i couldn't keep them however because i assume you need a covered pen?

Yes, they are fully flighted, so if you don't have a covered pen, they could fly out and possibly get eaten or lost.

That one's a mallard cross. The first step on the route to increasing genetic diversity and bringing back the Blue Pearl color. That's why I said your others were dry enough to tell the colors, haha. Those ones are purebred Aztec and are Porcelain. This one is mallard cross and is 'Blue Pearl'.
That makes me very happy. I was hoping for a blue pearl. Glad one ended up in the mix. I have one more egg that I remember from my talks that could be another.

Woke up to three more ducklings!

22B071FF-3A94-4EBB-BD83-BD9D146E8538.jpeg A cute cuddle

90901276-0DD1-4017-80FA-5C456487DDE2.jpeg One more blue pearl

820229A1-E2CF-4281-8A66-F5F4B5BE5805.jpeg
I started full assist on the 5 eggs that had made no progress. Sadly one had passed because of a serve malpositioned duckling. It was backwards in the egg with its head positioned between its feed. It ended up cutting itself off from the safety hole with its body.
The others look like they just grew too big to get into the right positions to either pip or make more punches into the shell.

current count 7 duckling with 4 still hanging out and absorbing in the egg.

Back
Top Bottom