BA? Ideal says sex link....I think NOT! Update & better pics Post #29

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I'm 17 weeks (4 mo. one week) old. I looked just like my black sex link "siblings" until I started to feather out. Now I look completely different and I'm not as mature as they are. I was purchased at the feedstore as a "sexed heavy pullet" and raised by a broody hen. I am all black with a green sheen. I have a single comb, slate gray legs and a very long tail, but I'm not a cockerel. What am I?

Sorry for the poor quality pics. Mama's camera is alot slower than I am.
wink.png

4810_p8260024_640x480.jpg

4810_p8260023_640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
The color of the bottom of her feet is basically the same color of her face, a pale gray-ish white.

Quote:
Leave it to an Ozzy to know. With her long tail she reminds me of a peacock the way she struts around. Feathers as soft as silk.

Thanks
smile.png

The light colored face makes me think it might be a white faced black spanish. You can look at pictures under chicken breeds.that's just my2 cents. Im probably wrong but just a thought. My two astralorps didn't have such a white face.

Quote:
Her pale face does confuse me a bit, but I don't think Ideal Hatchery (feedstore supplier) deals in white faced black spanish. I could be wrong.
hu.gif

Their faces won't redden until they are a bit older. Case in point:

DSC00434.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

Yes indeed, trust an Ozzy to know
tongue.png

Quote:
This is true. My LF brahmas were a full 18 months to two years old before they were totally grown. The sex links purchased at the same time as this girl have started laying. I know she's not even close.

Back
Top Bottom