BABIES ARE HERE!!!w/pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chick_in_Indiana, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    here is the latest addition. hatched on wednesday the 27th. i got these through Ideal in TX. i had a runner that didnt make it and 2 chicks that didnt make it thru the day:hit i checked the invoice and everything looked right. Then I started checking out the chicks and they sub a few colors. i'm not really sure what chicks i lost, maybe some of you chickie experts can help. Here is what I have for sure. 2 mallards and a fawn and white runner,
    1 white frizzle, 1 black frizzle, 1 white silkie, 1 buff laced polish, 1 golden laced polish, 1 turken(color unknown), 2 silkies (colors belived to be red and partridge) and 2 that could be either a cochin (partridge or goldenlaced) and a milli fleur'd uccle but i dont know which is which and what exactly i lost.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Also, can anyone tell me if the striped silkies are really red and partridge and what color my turken will be. all of these are new breed to me except for the polish. thanks a bunch.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    the stripes silkies usually come out partridge. oh yeah those birds wont be there tomorrow [​IMG]. I can watch them for a few years if you like

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    great photo montage, really nice looking birds, sorry you lost a few, that happens every now and then and i'm sure ideal will take care of it. their really nice looking chicks.

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry I can't help you, but they sure are cute. I especially love the ducklings.

5. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    The 4th pic on the left is a partridge cochin and the D'uccle is the bottom left

6. Chick_in_Indiana

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    thank you so much, i thought that's what they were.

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Great pics! Love your wee ducks too! [​IMG]

8. hallsoc

hallsoc New Egg

Jul 6, 2007
    North of Boston, MA
    Love those Ducklings!!!! Could they be any cuter? Newbie question though, what is the purpose of raising ducks? I know chickens lay eggs. Does one eat duck eggs? Can they live with chickens? Just asking cause they are just so cute.

Thanks

9. Chick_in_Indiana

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    Some will lay eggs on a reg. basis.But mainly for entertainment:bun

10. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    OH NO!!!! now I think I have to get some ducks!!!!!! Too cute!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by