Babies!!!!!

Run-A-Muck Ranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
In the middle of nowhere!!!
yep we have 2 baby lambs.
They were born yesterday.
I went outside and noticed one of the ewe's "Miss Martha" sniffing the ground. didn't think to much of it as we had a skunk outside the night before and figured the llamas might of killed it and the ewe was just investigating it.
Well as the morning chores went on I noticed it was a little white blob moving in the field....A LAMB!!!
So I run into the barn get the lambing jug all ready and set up for momma and baby. Go into the pasture to get Miss Martha and baby. And won't you know it she had a second one in the short time I was getting the jug ready. So we have TWINS!!!! A girl born first, then a boy.
They are cute as can be....
Normally a pasture born baby stays in the pasture, but with this ewe she is a first time mom, and still a little skiddish around excitement. Plus with the fact that it rained all night and was still raining yesterday morning I didn't wanna risk loosing a baby.(it rained until about 9:30 last night so glad I moved them into the barn).
So we now have mom and babies in the barn. I will have to get the camera out there...
The mom is Sulfolk and the dad is Hampshire. So they should be nice big sheep when the are older...

This ewe had showen NO signs of even being pregnant. I was just getting ready to put the rams in with the ewes next week so in 5 months we could start our lambing season.
Now I really wonder if any other girls might pop before I am ready.....

Just glad she didn't need any help. And being a first time mom, no help and twins on top of it, she's a keeper....
Now our youngest daughter needs to think of names. The ewe is hers so she gets to name the babies...Our oldest daughter has Miss Martha's sister Miss Sallie. Gonna have to watch her very closely as they were penned together--obiviously I didn't get the ram out into his own pen soon enough this spring...

Last edited:
Handsel and Grettle would be good names for them! Hee Hee
lau.gif

Quote:
That's actually cute....
She was thinking "twin sister" and "twin brother"....She names lots of her animals exactly what they are....'spotty', 'fatty' 'momma kitty', etc. etc. I did have to tell her no to the 'twin sister and brother' though.
Will have to give her your idea for names....
sometimes she gets caught up in naming her animals after movies too...like we have all the scooby doo characters running around the farm somewhere. let along the names from 'benchwarmers', 'christmas vacation', etc. etc.
Lately she has been into "Joe Dirt", "superstar", Dumb and Dumber and "Goonies" so we'll have to see what her little mind ends up picking for names....But again like I said....The names you suggested are cute, and I will mention them to her...

Quote:
That's actually cute....
She was thinking "twin sister" and "twin brother"....She names lots of her animals exactly what they are....'spotty', 'fatty' 'momma kitty', etc. etc. I did have to tell her no to the 'twin sister and brother' though.
Will have to give her your idea for names....
sometimes she gets caught up in naming her animals after movies too...like we have all the scooby doo characters running around the farm somewhere. let along the names from 'benchwarmers', 'christmas vacation', etc. etc.
Lately she has been into "Joe Dirt", "superstar", Dumb and Dumber and "Goonies" so we'll have to see what her little mind ends up picking for names....But again like I said....The names you suggested are cute, and I will mention them to her...

Thanks, sometimes they just come to me! LOL

I am gonna get the camera outside SOON!!!!!
he.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Our daughter ended up naming them "Lloyd" and "Harry" from the movie "Dumb & Dumber".
The little girls is "Lloyd"
The little boy is "Harry"

There mom is "Miss Martha" and the dad I believe is "Shake-n-Bake"

Back
Top Bottom