baby bunnies need your help!!!

tragedy has struck again...
hit.gif

the little white one with spots died last night
sad.png

i hate when there is only one, but it is doin good

well this will be my final post on this particular chapter....
the last bunny was doing good and this morning when i went to work he seemed fine but when i got home i checked and he seemed really weak. i could see he was real skinney.
he wouldn't have survived if i didn't intervene so i grabbed momma and the baby and i tried to get him to nurse and though it looked like he started to suck.... he did not make it
hit.gif

it was her first litter and i don't know if she did not have enough milk or did not let him nurse properly.....
thankyou to all my " backyard buddies" for your help and support... we all need it sometimes
hugs.gif

You are prob correct about her not having enough milk. It happens sometimes. I had the 4 litters a couple weeks ago and lost 2 of them to the cold. The 3rd litter I had to put with the only survivng litter because mom didn't produce milk. They are now fat and sassy hopping around with their foster sibs.

For future reference if you do need to foster kits and the mom refuses them, put vanilla on her nose so she can't smell the difference between her kits and the new ones.

Quote:
That is good advice except i did not have another preggy female at this time
are yours Lionheads?
im glad yours are doing well. do you have pics?

I have American Blue and Whites.
The kits are now hopping in and out of the nest boxes and driving the moms crazy. I will upload some pics after I study for my test tonight. Intro to Insurance. Ick. All I have right now is when they were a an hour old to a day old. I will have to get some new pictures this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom