Baby chick acting weird

Daydaykelloway

Hatching
Sep 26, 2021
Please help I have a 2 week old chick who suddenly started acting like she was having crop trouble at first I though she was just adjusting her crop, but then out of no where very suddenly lost her balance and cannot stand just keeps falling on her side

Was she gaping? Just wondering if that’s what made you think it was the crop.
Are they indoors?
What are you feeding?
Using heat for them?
Yes it started with her gaping and I just thought maybe she was adjusting her crop because it did look a little full but that's after going down now, anyway after gaping quite a bit for an hour or so she seemed to become very weak and seemed to loose her balance she would either stand with her beak touching the floor or she would just lay down, I'm feeding a homemade feed since I don't really have access to proper chick starter, it finely ground sunflower seed peas oats and fish meal, I also give a well mashed up hardboiled egg every few days I have 3 chicks and there isn't a problem with anyone else but of corse there wasn't with her a few hours ago either, I have them inside in a brooder at 27 degrees c (she's two weeks old I started the brooder at 35c) heat source is 2 60 watt lightblubs and a heating pad under one half so they can go on and off as they please, I have two videos I will try to attach I'm not sure how yet I'm new here

What type of bedding? Shavings by chance? If it's the crop, you would probably be able to tell at this young age..is it hard?

What type of bedding? Shavings by chance? If it's the crop, you would probably be able to tell at this young age..is it hard?
Right now I'm just using some paper towel for bedding, her crop was fairly hard but now it seems to have gone down and she did have two (pretty small) poops but still doesn't have very good balance or any energy at all I have her sitting in a blanket right now nice and warm she's peeping but still not wanting to move around

Back
Top Bottom