Baby Chick dying.. maybe some help!

QBRanch

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Colorado
I just recieved my first order for the new year.. I have a little one who is just laying there and from what I can tell it has fluids in it's lungs (From the sound it's making). So, what can you all suggest I do? Any help would be great! Thanks. I want to try and save if possible..

Well, all sad to say but it didn't make it. Kept spittin back up. and well kind of had a seizure like deal and then went... Poor baby. now we sit and watch the rest of them. So, far all is drinking, chirping, eating and alot of poopin going on..

I give all of mine sugar water for the first few days of their lives ,seems to help to give them engery. One tablespoon to a gal. of water ,also mix food up with a little sugar water ,like oatmeal

sorry.
hugs.gif

So sorry, its always hard to lose one
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

It's common in day old chicks to lose 1 or 2, somtimes the long ride they took to get to you makes them weak, somtimes they just fail to thrive and dont make it. It's natures way of keeping our flocks healthy !!

First of all: I'm soooo sorry!
hugs.gif

Second of all: be sure to tell the place where you got them from about the death.

I'm sorry for your loss!

Fluid in the lungs? Maybe pneumonia.

Seizures? Hmmm... Once I saw an animal dying, and it went through these strange seizures.

My advice is, don't think about the lost one. Think about all those others you still have and concentrate on keeping them alive and happy!

Back
Top Bottom