Baby Chick Found on Side of Road - Help with breed/sex/age?

Your daughter sounds like I was as a kid, I always seemed to spot obscure things like that chick huddled on the side of the road.
smile.png

It's a beautiful story and I hope it turns out to be a hen for you all. Whatever the reason for that chick being outside all alone, wonderful job rescuing 'it'!

I think it could be a hybrid cross...for example part buff orp, part white leghorn. They look just like the Golden Buff pullets I bought from a hatchery last year.

Now, I'm guessing pullet. I think you will really enjoy her.....maybe call her Lucky?

frow.gif
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for responding!

I'm just luving seeing the word "pullet" all over the place!! I know it's hard to tell from pictures and at such a young age but....
ya.gif

Little Rima is chilling out, settling in, eating TONS of chick starter, and getting lots of "Big Love"
love.gif
from my daughter. They are best buddies and Rima likes to sleep nuzzled into Charlotte's neck.

Thanks for pointing us in the direction of all the possible breeds she (we hope!) may be.

We really, really appreciate it!!
big_smile.png

P.S. Charlotte is definitely capable of planting a baby chick to "find".
lol.png
hmm.png

Just be sure to quarantine that new foundling. You have no idea why it is there and where it has been. You don't want to risk hurting the rest of your flock. I would go ahead and deworm, check for lice and do at least a 3 week quarantine to screen for any serious diseases.

No help on breed though, I would have guessed some sort of production sex link. About 4 weeks old, and looking like a pullet.

What a great Story! Karma has its way...
I think Buff Orp pullet, 6 weeks.
Cant wait to see what s/he turns into!
Regardless it will be loved!
and I bet it was a Easter chick that got the boot, some people just suck!
But not us chicken people!
wink.png

im thinking I see some blue in the feathers? Im gonna say its mixed. I suppose it could be a sexlink. not a rir tho they are more of a deep red(well are supposed to be)
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom