baby chick in trouble

Chick is still alive this morning.  I definitely got a more nutridrench in her this morning.  How often should I try to give it to her?  Thanks

Is she drinking on her own at all?
You could put the ND in her waterer.
Any better mobility this morning?
Is she eating anything?

Otherwise, I don't think you can give her too much if used at the proper dilution,
tho I don't know much about the stuff as I haven't used it(was using chiksaver for the heat stroker).
Not sure. I just got up gave her the nutridrench then had to drive my daughter to school. I will keep an eye on her today. Doesn't seem to be moving around that much so far. Just snuggled under the heater. She is bright eyed and she still has strength to her.

Thank you for the chart but seeing this has be worried because She is no where near 3 lbs and I put .5 ml in the dropper. Now a lot spilled and didnt get into her mouth. well now that Im looking at the syringe it was less the .5 ml and some spilled so we will have to wait and see now. I would like to just put a dab in her water but I havent seen her drink the water lately, she may be drinking and I just miss it. The water was lower this morning but not sure if it evaporated or sometimes when she wobbles she gets a wing wet and that soaks up some of the water so Im just not sure. I'm not working today so I can watch today. Thanks for your help

Quote: @eggbert420 can you provide a link to where that pic came from? It's not clear that it is for the Nutridrench product were are discussing.

@Merrymouse I would try to wet some starter feed with plain water and scrape a tiny bit of it into the side of her beak, try to get her to swallow some food.

@Merrymouse I would try to wet some starter feed with plain water and scrape a tiny bit of it into the side of her beak, try to get her to swallow some food.

OK, now that she has rested for a couple hours I will try the wet food. Thanks aart
hugs.gif

here is an update. Not much interest in eating. I think she has something neurologically wrong with her. On the first day I got her home I noticed she circled left alot, she keeps her head left alot. She is strong, but cannot keep her balance. Thoughts? Tried to give her some wet crumbles with my finger then just dipping her beak. She didn't really eat. Here is a video

0.jpg

Agrees about the left head turn, could be wry neck, which ND can help IIRC.
But seems brain is not connecting to body properly, thus all the flailing but inability to stand, walk, eat, drink despite strength.
I'm surprised how strong she is with no food....she's what, 4-5 days old?

Need someone who knows more than me, not sure who as I don't mess much with this stuff....
.....maybe @casportpony would know how to help more specifically, or would know someone who would know.

Personally, I might have tried to get her to take nutrition on her own for a few days then would euthanize.

She did come out from under the MHP to eat a little. I dont know if she walked or rolled but she is eating a bit. And I agree I cannot let this go on for weeks. Here is a video:

0.jpg

She is walking a tiny bit better. Small steps as I type, losing her balance a little but not completely falling over like earlier....we'll see...she's still pecking away at the food and she is more upright, not laying on her front to eat like before......

Huh!

That is a good sign.....you'll just have to play it by eye and brain.
I'd keep giving her the ND, not sure of dosage tho.

Huh!

That is a good sign.....you'll just have to play it by eye and brain.
I'd keep giving her the ND, not sure of dosage tho.
She must have heard you use the "Eu" word
wink.png
she is still up and eating and peeping. Hasn't fallen over and is moving around a bit more normally. not normal but a bit better.Hmm she just walked, albeit, a bit wobbly but she just walked without falling all the way to the back of the MHP to snuggle down.

Back
Top Bottom