baby chick turning green!!!! help asap!!

Mattsiewrt19

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2015
suffolk va
Hello im very worried about my chick i got it deom the tractor supply and its a isa brown pullet the top of her legs are green and her face has a green tint on her face heres the pictures she eats plays everything doesnt act like shes sick but shes green !! What do i do or what am i doing wrong

Last edited:
Green can be a sign of bruising, but chick's legs CAN change color as they mature. Australorps are born with little yellow/spotted legs that turn gray/black by the time they are adults.

Unless she goes off her food and water, becomes lethargic, or exhibits any other odd symptoms, I'd say she's just growing up. :)

MrsB

Thabk you lol i think shes fine shes acts normal and its been green for about 2 weeks maybe. And they get the chicks mixed up? I wish they would of had a more better selection but i thought i bought white rocks and isa brown is that what like look??

also one chick has diarreha but like the other he doesnt act sick.

Feed stores get chicks mixed up ALL the time. I can't tell you how many people buy "Black Australorps" and end up with Black Sex Links. Both are great chickens, but if you specifically want Australorps, that would be disappointing.

As for runny poops, did you change their food recently? Also, do you have any Corid powder on hand? It's available at Tractor Supply.

MrsB

No i dont i actually just got back from geting them feed and i dont mean to pester you but are these white rocks or are they leghorns im worried

Back
Top Bottom