Baby chicks 4 week old

AnamGulzar

Chirping
May 21, 2021
Kashmir
Hie..my baby chicks are now 4 weeks old..and one of them just discharged a watery poop..but in a minute the colour of the watery content turned to white from being colourless..what does that mean? Should i be worried?

How hot is it where you are? Somwtimes.chickens drink a lot of water if it's hot and that can cause the watery poo
Its quite pleasant here..around 21 degree celcius..also they havent been drinking a lot pf water..i dont keep the water handy for them..i just give them fresh warm water 3 times a day..and at that time they drink as much they want or not at all..but i have been giving them hard boiled eggs..pearl millets and crushed corn daily since they dont like the chick feed at all

what you are feeding them is not great. What chick feed have you got? Is is small brown crumbles that contain 20% protein on the ingredients list or is it something else?

Millet, corn + egg is not going to be enough to sustain them to grow up healthily.

Also why are you restricting water. Water is the most important thing for them to have access to all the time

It sounds like you are a bit ill prepared. If you are doing it because the chicks are knocking over the water bowl - use a heavier water bowl or even better get a chick waterer, the dome type with a dish around it, they can't be knocked over. Bought mine for £3.50. Restricting water instead is just asking for a health problem to occur.

what you are feeding them is not great. What chick feed have you got? Is is small brown crumbles that contain 20% protein on the ingredients list or is it something else?

Millet, corn + egg is not going to be enough to sustain them to grow up healthily.

Also why are you restricting water. Water is the most important thing for them to have access to all the time

It sounds like you are a bit ill prepared. If you are doing it because the chicks are knocking over the water bowl - use a heavier water bowl or even better get a chick waterer, the dome type with a dish around it, they can't be knocked over. Bought mine for £3.50. Restricting water instead is just asking for a health problem to occur.
Yes brown crumbles containing 20% protein..they dont like it at all..is there anyway i can get them to eat it? Also they just walk into the water dish and it gets dirty and that can mean more health problems..and i got them a month back and at that point it was severely cold here..the water used to get cold in a minute..and if by chance they drank the cold water they used to sneeze all the time afterwards..so had to take away the water..

Yes brown crumbles containing 20% protein..they dont like it at all..is there anyway i can get them to eat it? Also they just walk into the water dish and it gets dirty and that can mean more health problems..and i got them a month back and at that point it was severely cold here..the water used to get cold in a minute..and if by chance they drank the cold water they used to sneeze all the time afterwards..so had to take away the water..
Chickens don't get colds so the sneezing could have just been a coincidence or the bedding may have been bothering them. Water needs to ve available 24/7. Also, you need to get them on a good chick feed. They'll eat it when they get hungry enough. You wouldn't feed a child candy all day because they didn't like vegetables, would.you? The bad diet along with not enough water can cause a lot of issues.

Chickens don't get colds so the sneezing could have just been a coincidence or the bedding may have been bothering them. Water needs to ve available 24/7. Also, you need to get them on a good chick feed. They'll eat it when they get hungry enough. You wouldn't feed a child candy all day because they didn't like vegetables, would.you? The bad diet along with not enough water can cause a lot of issues.
Sounds logical..i'll hold back with the treats from now..hopefully they will start eating the feed .thanks for the advice guys.

Back
Top Bottom