Baby duck has bulging(?) eyes compared to their sibling who has normal eyes

Boof_Macarooni

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2023
My baby ducks that were just recently hatched have come out healthy and energetic. Except recently I noticed that one of the baby ducks has a bulging(?) eye. She acts no different than the other ducks and I’m just worried that I’m missing something.
0873EFD6-3333-40C5-B28C-2AFB25FA2917.jpeg

Both of her eyes are like this and as I said she’s been acting normal.
This is her sibling that was born the same day and both her eyes look normal, and to my knowledge they were both share the same parents.
7815D306-4B8D-4D49-96DE-A0B91780F079.jpeg

If anyone has some tips or know if there is anything wrong with her I’d love to hear some feedback! I’ve looked up swollen eyes on baby ducks but they have all been extreme cases that I don’t know if they apply to mine.

Yeah, that does look odd. I'm not sure what would have caused this, apart from maybe some weird genetics. Especially if it's been like this since hatch.

Hopefully someone else has some ideas on what it is, but I wanted to let you know that we are reading this and eventually someone will have better advice.

:welcome

Can we see a full face picture? does it look or feel like or fluid might be under the area around the eyes?
I remember a gosling being born with it's head larger than normal and it was fluid eventually the fluid was absorbed the the gosling looked normal.

Back
Top Bottom