baby duck with lots of problems

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pattyhen, May 16, 2015.

1. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Is it Spring yet?? Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG] Oh no! Ducky dementia!

Wow, Patti, I had no idea that they'd eventually stop molting. I hope my ducks outlive our dogs. Right now, the basement essentially belongs to the dogs, but once the ducks get older, I'd like to have it available for them at least during winter & the heat of summer.

2. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    Tell Shirley I can relate to her issues thats for sure. [​IMG] Ernie had probably planning that attack for years. Opie moved into the right position and bam. Poor Opie I'm glad you rescued him. I'm sure Opie still felt like he won the battle.

Ernie would probably have a cow if you put a sweater on him this winter. I've seen ducks with sweaters on before. It would probably hurt his pride but if Shirley and Ruth Ann got one to he might fit right in. I love hearing the stories of the ducks they surely keep us entertained.

I fed the ducks awhile ago and I looked over and Uno was laying flat out in the plate that had his chick starter in it. He was just eatting away laying on top of all the food.

Patty

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

How funny just laying in the feed? how lazy can you get. lol

I have thought of sweaters before for my old ones, I'll have to think on that one. I do have a few pics of Opie sporting clothing, I'll have to look for them, he is such a ham he'll wear anything.

One of the aides from Hospice came and she was scared of my ducks, the geese I could see but she didn't see them.

4. Miss Lydia

Here's the ham I mean Opie sporting a towel I took a bunch of pics off my computer and put them on this lil thingy with a friends help and I cannot find the thing so I'll have to dress Opie up and take a pic to post.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  5. Debs Flock

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] OhMyGosh!! I need an Opie of my very own!!

I hope you find the thingy that has more pics!

How anyone can be afraid of ducks is beyond me! They always look happy/friendly.

6. Miss Lydia

She said her dad had a Muscovy drake when she was young that was mean. [​IMG]

I was looking for that thing a couple weeks ago because my friend is going to come help me put some more pics off my camera onto it, i have no earthly idea where i have put it, Goes along with Can't Remember Stuff. Remember? [​IMG]

7. Debs Flock

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    Hmm, yeah, maybe a young drake full of hormones. I guess I could see that.

LOL...oh yeah, I can certainly relate. It will turn up when you least expect it. [​IMG] I truly have a need to see Opie in a sweater. LOL

8. pattyhen

Apr 20, 2007
    Oh my goodness I love this pic. He looks like superman in his mask and cape. I want a duck just like him. I hope you can find his other pics I would love to see them. Thank you so much for sharing this pic with us. I love Opie.

Patty

9. pattyhen

Apr 20, 2007
    I've even had people afraid of my chickens. A lot of times it comes from something that happened in their childhood.

Yes Uno was laying flat out in the plate eatting his starter. The lazy days of summer I guess.

Patty

10. Debs Flock

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    We need a pic of that if you get the chance, Patty! Cute lil baby laying in his food!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by