Baby duck

Nope. It finally got that small and never shrunk anymore. He is a week old today. Eating n drinking. Swimming. N now is eyes have crusted over so I just bout medicine for them. Are they related? Is he sick?
What medicine?
Is he able to submerge his whole head in his waterer? Ideally you want it deep enough that he can dunk his head, but make sure he can't climb in. We use little tubberware containers, with a hole in the lid big enough for them to fit their head through, but not their body.

It's for pink eye. He's has a dish he swims in yes but after about 3 splashes he doesn't have deep water left. Lol. I've been cleaning them with a paint brush and saline. But that seems to have quit working.

I googled what to use that was safe for them. I copied and pasted the ingredients that they were safe to have and to Amazon and this is what it pulled up so this is what I ordered. I cancelled the pink eye one because it's for livestock and bigger animals so it's too powerful for them being so little. I am trying my best to save this little guy he seems to be doing well but I know that there is something going on and I definitely want to get it taken care of.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230521-141549.png
    Screenshot_20230521-141549.png
    679.2 KB · Views: 0
I'd go with Terramycin eye ointment it has antibiotic in it and is much better. Gentle warm saline rinses may help too. The duckling needs to be able to dunk his head especially when eating you can make something like this so he can't climb into it
IMG_2627.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom