Baby EE Cant Stand UP

Dorothy1324

Songster
12 Years
Jun 21, 2007
I am wondering if anyone can help with this we had a mom Hatch 11 babies well one of them started limping a little and then 2 days later i found it under the house unable to stand up i brought it in the house and put it in a box it still eats and drinks and chirps just can not stand up. I hate to have to put it to sleep i have never had to do this befor but we can not have a chick suffer:( They are 3 weeks old

She is up and moving

Last edited:
i would like to post a pic but my camera broke the legs go forward a little and then out a little the elbow joint is a little puffy. she is trying to stand a little and if i put my finger under her feet she does close them around my finger

Is there any sign of why it might not be able to stand up? Are it's legs in a funny position, as the posters above me have suggested? Are the feet or toes curled or deformed? Are there any visible signs of injury?

Great News I have been giving the little lady antibiotics from the start and now she is standing up and walking on her own still a little wobbly but up and moving none the less !!!!!!!!!!!! So Maybe she had some weird infection:D
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom