Are they just pecking at a cuttle fish bone out of boredom? How were they fed it differently/incorrectly?
Generally it's because of lack of knowledge with the owner, some people are quick to use supplements without fully knowing if it's require, some over feed pellets (which are almost all formulated to be fed to all captive parrots, which is a few hundred different species. You can probably see the issue with that...).
Essentially it's very possible to leave animals with the option of overdoing something or dying of starvation, so I guess what I am trying to say is just because they are eating something, somtimes you cannot 100% know they actually need that.

Generally it's because of lack of knowledge with the owner, some people are quick to use supplements without fully knowing if it's require, some over feed pellets (which are almost all formulated to be fed to all captive parrots, which is a few hundred different species. You can probably see the issue with that...).
Essentially it's very possible to leave animals with the option of overdoing something or dying of starvation, so I guess what I am trying to say is just because they are eating something, somtimes you cannot 100% know they actually need that.
That makes sense then if it’s mixed in with the only food available in such a way they can’t pick it out to avoid it.
Storm was saying his males have calcium overdose health issues from layers pellets designed for females but he kills them before the calcium does so it’s not a big issue for him.

There aren't any pet stores near me. So far they seem to be doing alright, though. I've seen them trying all the things they need and am very confident in the fact that they are getting what they need now. If any even small problems arise I will get them proper food immediately, but for now they seem ok.
Just a note, but nutritional deficiencies take a while to show up. Once they start showing signs it may be too late to correct.

Just a note, but nutritional deficiencies take a while to show up. Once they start showing signs it may be too late to correct.
They have been pecking at all the berries I've given them and all the other foods. I think they are getting a balanced diet. They are eating worms, mealworms, crickets, raspberries, carrots, budgie seed, chick starter and small amounts of eggshell. Is that good enough for them?

Im going to try to get them some lettuce too
They have been pecking at all the berries I've given them and all the other foods. I think they are getting a balanced diet. They are eating worms, mealworms, crickets, raspberries, carrots, budgie seed, chick starter and small amounts of eggshell. Is that good enough for them?

You should really cut the treats. If you can't find gamebird starter, use the chick starter with the insects as supplement for the protein. The rest of the stuff is just treats.

Back
Top Bottom