Baby Rooster

BeachFarmForNow

Chirping
Feb 28, 2019
I have a baby rooster in my newest additions. He is sweet with humans, but picks on almost all the other chicks. He is about one month old. Not sure of his breed, he was in a mix of chicks at the store, hatchery choice.
Any ideas on how to get him to calm down a little. I hate to give him away, but he isn't very nice to the others. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have him in his own area now. He is the same age as the others he was with. He does have some hens to interact with in his new area. They can see him but not get to him. He isn't big enough to let out into the other area with the hens. Thank you for the help. I hope the separation helps. He is so sweet with people. I am not sure if I have any other roosters in the newest additions, just him for sure. Fingers crossed this works. My laying hens were around his cage for the first few minutes and now they don't even care he is there. I may try putting a few others in with him in a few days. I feel bad he is by himself, but he got too aggressive with the other baby chicks. He went right for their necks, ripping feathers out and caused one to bleed. Worse case, I will find him another home. Thanks for the feed back y'all.

A baby rooster is called a cockerel
yes he is just being a cockerel do you have any other cockerels he could be fighting with
Thanks! My mom tells me this too I am the 4th generation with chickens. I just suck at using the proper terms when it comes to my chicks.
Not sure if this new bunch has any other roosters. I have a mix this time around. I have most of the breeds figured out. I think the one baby rooster I am speaking about is a sexlink ... If that's correct... Black with a green tint to his wings.

Back
Top Bottom