Baby turkey and chicks

A week ago had a baby turkey hatch it was unexpected I didn’t know the egg was as far long in development as it was it was supposed to hatch along with a duck egg that still has a week to go. But I have a chicken egg due to hatch in two days. My question is can I add the chick to the brooder with the Turkey chick or should I keep them separate.? Picture is my littlest with Ted 😍
I start all of my turkey poults and peachicks with chicken chicks, they do seem to teach them how to eat and drink. But as @R2elk said, you should try to find another poult.

Last edited:
I have 6 bronze turkeys that are 100% pets and are 100% imprinted on me. They are almost 5 months old. They live with chickens and ducks sents they where 6 weeks old.
It will be interesting to see how they behave once they reach sexual maturity. I no longer let any fowl imprint on me because of how they behave once they reach breeding age.

Last edited:
Let me know this time next year.
That's along time to be part of BYC. There is a guy on YouTube that talks about Heritage Bronze turkeys and its great how he explains how close he is to them. That he refers to his turkeys being just a good as a cat or a dog as a companion. He has other breeds too and even has done some mix breeding that turned out some beautiful turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom