Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics
I have 5 light Brahma chicks. No idea on sexes.
the black one is one of my BA'S

Hello fellow Brahma lovers! I'm still pretty much new to this sight but oh well. I just found you guys on this thread and thought to myself how friendly you all seemed.
woot.gif
So I figured I'd join in the gentle giant fun. My mother and I picked up six little chicks from a mixed gender bin in a feed store about a month and two weeks ago and we still aren't entirely sure what gender they all are, though I think we have 1 pullet and 5 roos.
hmm.png
I was wondering if you guys could help at all since they're older now and than in my other post. If not then that's alright. Guess we'll see in the future. But if we do end up having multiple roos what do we do with the others? We only want to keep one to protect whatever free ranging ladies we have. And I definitely can't bring myself to eat my babies.
hit.gif

My pretty girl(I think) Shay standing tall to see a bug.

Shay down in front with Jack right behind her. Crybaby looking to the left, Cloverfield standing up tall, Rudy looking like a big man in the back and Brownie ducking under him.

Jack fluffing up.

D.gif

Here's another pic. My first Brahma, Rocky. I posted him on the Brahma thread a few years ago and was horrified at all the faults that were pointed out on him. I think he's beautiful, anyway! Now, he's an old man, crippled with arthritis, and is living out the rest of his life in his own private coop and run.
Chicken snobs crack me up. No yoke! ;). He's very handsome!

Rocky is somewhere close to 7 years old. I'm not sure how long they live, he's my oldest Brahma. We have him separated from everybody else (except a couple of girls), so he can live out the rest of his life without being attacked by Samson.

Sjisty you can be proud that you've had such a fine warrior in your flock! Nice that he can now retire in peace with his ladies....please keep us posted as to how he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom