Bad ads

Thanks for posting this link regarding ad blockers!

While some website owners may categorize ad-blockers as basically the same thing as stealing / shop-lifting, I don't take my opinion and perspective that far.

... that said, it is frustrating to spend a TON of time and $$$ keeping this site free for millions of people to use, and then see people choose not to buy a PFM and then also block-ads.
I’m glad I randomly read this thread because i’m one of those people who use an ad-blocker, like I always do, when navigating the web, with only a free membership.
I certainly want to support BYC, so I just got a PFM.
I had been thinking of it a few times..but I forgot.
The point I want to make is that maybe you should do reminders on a regular basis for people like me. I didn't see the ads, which would have made me think about it.

I’m glad I randomly read this thread because i’m one of those people who use an ad-blocker, like I always do, when navigating the web, with only a free membership.
I certainly want to support BYC, so I just got a PFM.
I had been thinking of it a few times..but I forgot.
The point I want to make is that maybe you should do reminders on a regular basis for people like me. I didn't see the ads, which would have made me think about it.
Thanks for all this!

Yup, we struggle with trying to find the balance between too little promotion and too much. It's good to know that there is some space for us to do a bit more reminding / promotion of the PFM system and benefits :)

Perhaps if you offered memberships that came with a box of apple fritters, more of us would jump to subscribe and then you could ditch Google Ad Exchange? j/s ☺️

🤔 I'm thinking about it.
I did it! 1-year PFM! :ya

I messaged hubby to bring me home some apple fritters. ☺️

There are bad ads that are not relevant to chicken stuff including supporting Ukraine and this I found a few days ago:
I saw an ad on Facebook for a certain chicken coop. I looked up the company in my browser and my anti malware immediately blocked it for fraud. I'm glad I installed that protection.

Back
Top Bottom