Bad ads

chickenlover22345

The enthusiast that likes fish and chooks
Aug 31, 2023
Perth, Australia
There are bad ads that are not relevant to chicken stuff including supporting Ukraine and this I found a few days ago:

Attachments

• Screenshot (1257).png
    Screenshot (1257).png
    2 MB · Views: 221
It's very complicated, but in general ads are often targeted based on a ton of variables including browsing history, the site you're on, the interests of other people visiting the site, etc. etc. etc.

We can't get enough direct chicken-related advertisers (like those listed in our Sponsors page) to keep BYC running for free, so we partner with companies like Google Ad Exchange, etc. to help fill-in.

We have filters in place for ads like the ones above, but sometimes they slip through.

I'll see what I can do to see if those specific ones can be filtered out.

It's very complicated, but in general ads are often targeted based on a ton of variables including browsing history, the site you're on, the interests of other people visiting the site, etc. etc. etc.

We can't get enough direct chicken-related advertisers (like those listed in our Sponsors page) to keep BYC running for free, so we partner with companies like Google Ad Exchange, etc. to help fill-in.

We have filters in place for ads like the ones above, but sometimes they slip through.

I'll see what I can do to see if those specific ones can be filtered out.
Hmm, interesting. Sometimes terrible ads slip into the website.

Back
Top Bottom