Wormer powder stays atop of water?

Henni19821603

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 23, 2019
I bought this a few weeks ago. Date is still good. Added in warmer and cold water, it stays floating on top, and also clumps up. It will not mix with the water, no matter how much I stir, it stays just like in the picture. Has it gone bad? It's been doing this right after opening the sachet. Frustrating! Anyone else use it and had the same experience? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)
1000026471.jpg
1000026472.jpg
1000026474.jpg

Bought this a few weeks back, wanted to use it, added it to water, it did not dissolve. AT ALL. Tried warmer water, same thing, no matter how long I let it sit after stirring it like a mad woman, it stays on top of the water, or clumps up. It won't mix into the water! Best by date is still a year out. It did this right after I opened the sachet when it arrived in the mail. It looks very chalky. I have emailed the store to ask, never got a reply. Anyone used it before and had the same issue?
1000026471.jpg
1000026472.jpg
1000026474.jpg

They say that Tylosin is also hard to mix in water, unless you add the water to the powder. Perhaps you could put the powder in a container first and then add the water gradually, while stirring. If that doesn’t work, I would call the company for advice or a refund.

Bought this a few weeks back, wanted to use it, added it to water, it did not dissolve. AT ALL. Tried warmer water, same thing, no matter how long I let it sit after stirring it like a mad woman, it stays on top of the water, or clumps up. It won't mix into the water! Best by date is still a year out. It did this right after I opened the sachet when it arrived in the mail. It looks very chalky. I have emailed the store to ask, never got a reply. Anyone used it before and had the same issue? View attachment 3773993View attachment 3773994View attachment 3773996
I'd try @casportpony idea first, but if that doesn't work, they make paint mixer drill bits. This one is $7 at Home Depot but you could get something at most any hardware store.

1710631753153.png

They say that Tylosin is also hard to mix in water, unless you add the water to the powder. Perhaps you could put the powder in a container first and then add the water gradually, while stirring. If that doesn’t work, I would call the company for advice or a refund.
I've just done that as well. No method works.

Sounds like it’s hydrophobic. Is it possible to mix it in some oil, maybe liquid coconut oil, then let it solidify and feed it to the birds?

Back
Top Bottom